Just bought my 06 Gsxr 750...Question about Decals

Dubguy85

dude i love that color scheme. how much did you pay for her? and yes the tank decal has clear coat over it but the side cowl decals will come off no prob

Paid 6700....only 1000 miles Never dropped, never scratched, no mods except fender eliminator, and bought if off a 40 year old Ohio State professor.....

Ahh man....the tank decals have clear coat? :(

Paid 6700....only 1000 miles Never dropped, never scratched, no mods except fender eliminator, and bought if off a 40 year old Ohio State professor.....

Ahh man....the tank decals have clear coat? :(

Nice bike man, if you have the bike just go out there and look. You should easily be able to tell if the decals are cleared over or not.

Nice bike man, if you have the bike just go out there and look. You should easily be able to tell if the decals are cleared over or not.

I believe only clear on the tank......Not sure if that would look better or worse with all the decals gone except for the tank???

:dunno: You could get some black stompgrips or something similar to put over the decals on the tank.

True...Im more of a CLEAN CLEAN type of guy.....I want it less flashy, and stuff on it, to make it look clean.....I'm not sure if I should find a tank all black, then sell mine, or what! But im determined to get that silver off there!

Thanks for everyones help though!

im pretty sure stomp grip has black applications.

but i think if you put the stomp grip on properly you will still have a little showing near the lower front of the tank.

Yeah I think if you order the cut specifically for the GSXR. I was thinking he could get the universal stuff and cut his own pattern. :dunno: I've yet to use the stuff...just going on what I've seen other people do.

keep it simple? Remove the ones you can, and paint over the ones you can't? I mean tape off the tank sticker and paint only that. Or put a sticker of your choice over the tank sticker, even easier. Vinyl appliques for motorcycles, there's a million of them.

edit: What about a black tank bra thingy? Would it cover that area of the tank?

Edited by ReconRat
stuff