Man shoots Bull Elk while hunting for white tail. OHIO Don't have elk.

CRAWDAD

size? it is a super small elk. elk weight about 1200lbs

Don't give me that B.S.

A Trophy dressed Bull elk is 600-700 lbs. Most Elk hunting studies show dressed weight at an average 437 lbs. A Trophy dressed Whitetail buck is ~250 lbs.

Weight conversion for an Elk is 1.42x Dressed weight, making this Bull about 532 lbs.

A large Whitetail Buck would be that dressed at 250 lbs would be 310 lbs live.

Do you know how much larger a 5x4 Elk is compared to an Ohio Big Buck? Obviously none of you do.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't give me that B.S.

A Trophy dressed Bull elk is 600-700 lbs. Most Elk hunting studies show dressed weight at an average 437 lbs. A Trophy dressed Whitetail buck is ~250 lbs.

Weight conversion for an Elk is 1.42x Dressed weight, making this Bull about 532 lbs.

Do you know how much larger a 5x4 Elk is compared to an Ohio Big Buck? Obviously none of you do.

Yeah i do mathematical calculations like that in my brain right as a target is slipping away from me.

Yeah i do mathematical calculations like that in my brain right as a target is slipping away from me.

If you have to do math to see the difference between ~530 lbs and ~310 lbs, you don't need to be hunting, because you are probably going to shoot a pony thinking it's a doe with your low IQ and bad eyesight.

• Confused 1

At 100yds this could be difficult.

Not if you have the proper equipment and are properly trained.

Man, I'm glad you keep reiterating the reasons I hate Ohio's gun season.

I have excellent eyesight, dont go out for gun season, and have the "proper equipment"

So if you don't go out for gun season, why would you be attempting a 100 yard shot with a bow?

Im saying if I had a shot at something with a rifle at 100yards, weight between 300-500lbs could be hard to judge.

Well, if you were hunting with a rifle at 100 yards you are going to have a scope. You would obviously be able to tell the size difference. Plus with a rifle and a scope at 100 yards you are going to take longer to set up your shot, making you realize that the Elk Bull does has a tan rump patch and is much larger than a Whitetail Buck.

And BTW, average elk are not 1200 lbs, that's Moose. An average Bull Elk is 700 lbs and a trophy is ~900

Don't give me that B.S.

The guy that shot this elk also brought in pics of his shoulder mount Thophy Buck 12pt. and the deer is larger w/ a bigger rack! sorry don't have pic of buck. Also the spread on an elk is usually a lot wider. He was telling me that that they are calling it a "RED (something)" can't remember what he called it.

The guy that shot this elk also brought in pics of his shoulder mount Thophy Buck 12pt. and the deer is larger w/ a bigger rack! sorry don't have pic of buck. Also the spread on an elk is usually a lot wider. He was telling me that that they are calling it a "RED (something)" can't remember what he called it.

The rack may be slightly larger, but the size of the Elk, as well as seeing a rump patch when in the open should have given it away. I will call anyone an idiot that shoots at something they haven't 100% identified.

And Red Deer are native to Europe.

Looking at the main pic it looks like a cross between a Muley and an Elk. That isn't the point though. He shot at something he didn't completely identify, or he knowingly shot it and is lying to cover his ass.

This is laying in the back of a Toyota Tocoma (small truck)

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc84/croz98gt/1130091401.jpg

I don't think it looks that big!

right after he shot it.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc84/croz98gt/1130091002.jpg

Looking at the main pic it looks like a cross between a Muley and an Elk. That isn't the point though. He shot at something he didn't completely identify, or he knowingly shot it and is lying to cover his ass.

But it's not illegal to shoot them! from what ODNR game warden said.

the body looks larger than the elks body

It's not if the "elk" dressed at 350-400 lbs.

That BBB dressed at 252 and being a B&C is probably one of the larger Bucks taken this year.