Miata Idle

Stoopid Hipster

well it idles and sounds like a cammed v8 really shaky and runs soo rough at idle cant even use my timing gun on it to do the timing. but the sec you give it gas or are above like 1200 rpm runs like a top nice and smooth and has the power... and depending on the day coming to a light or stop sign it likes to let the rpms deep real low like 200 the car starts right up but it like to die if i dont hold the revs to like 2k for 30 sec then it will idle but real rough this happened before kind of when i had a crack in the intake after the maf thats why I think that im letting air in after it still ....

well it idles and sounds like a cammed v8 really shaky and runs soo rough at idle cant even use my timing gun on it to do the timing. but the sec you give it gas or are above like 1200 rpm runs like a top nice and smooth and has the power... and depending on the day coming to a light or stop sign it likes to let the rpms deep real low like 200 the car starts right up but it like to die if i dont hold the revs to like 2k for 30 sec then it will idle but real rough this happened before kind of when i had a crack in the intake after the maf thats why I think that im letting air in after it still ....

That sounds like what my previa did when the egr was stuck open.

Does it seem to go away or significantly lessen when it gets up to normal operating temp?

I'm thinking maybe its a bad BAC valve (if the Miata uses one, adn I think they do). I had an MX6 that had similar issues and it was due to a bad BAC.

EDIT: Link to BAC test procedure:

http://books.google.com/books?id=8eNAb48HomAC&lpg=PT155&ots=Gtm8dip1qw&dq=miata%20bac%20valve&pg=PT155#v=onepage&q=&f=false