IMPORT FACE-OFF national tour - OH 8/29/10

HybridMT

Saw Jamies car hit 7.99@184mph later in the day, I've never seen that car before but holy hell its ridiculous. Also is "John" the guy with the mid 10 second neon, that thing moves too.

I had to leave early because the gf was damn near having a heat stroke, came back out towards the end of day. Saw the winner of the Bracket class run a 17.5.

I think they need to move this even to later in the year, it was way too hot to be standing outside all day with little to no shade and cars were running like shit.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a pass in a MR2 with a V6. I've never driven a mr2 let alone raced one with a V6 in it. I spun pretty hard out of the hole 2.4 60' lol... 15.3 I think was my time. But I had issues with 4th. Took it back owner corrected the problem. We went out and tuned it some between sessions came back. I was cruising up to staging. Hit my brakes and all I heard was wssshhhhhhhhh. Brakes gone.

That would have sucked going down track.

Really not liking that track but overall good day besides the damn heat. Got more then I expected out of my car, clutch wasnt holding whatsoever the night before and today seemed to hold up better then I expected. I left alot on the table, overall happy. Shepard pulled a quick one on me ran 10.9 after running 12's all day and knocked me out.

Really not liking that track but overall good day besides the damn heat. Got more then I expected out of my car, clutch wasnt holding whatsoever the night before and today seemed to hold up better then I expected. I left alot on the table, overall happy. Shepard pulled a quick one on me ran 10.9 after running 12's all day and knocked me out.

So what did you run? :)

results from yesterday's event...

Cobb Tuning Outlaw

W: Mike Luong ('91 Talon) - 9.311, 158.08.

R/U: Liston Watson ('94 Civic) - 10.905, 140.75.

Semi's: Edwin Diaz.

Central Perf. All Motor Sport

W: Jared Adametz ('00 Civic) - 14.139, 96.50.

R/U: Josh Clark ('96 Civic) - 14.329, 98.13.

Semi's: Aaron Van Winkle; Justin Carter.

Hybrid Racing All Motor Pro

W: Joe Bondy ('95 Civic) - 11.991, 114.34.

R/U: Koval Konstantin ('93 Civic) - 11.838, 115.72.

Semi's: Tom Simpson; Jason Su.

Go Autoworks Forced Induction Sport

W: Kyle Schuchter ('02 WRX) - 11.359, 130.68.

R/U: John Schroeck ('04 WRX) - 12.283, 99.77.

Semi's: John Sheppherd; Chris Pucavich.

Secret Services Forced Induction Pro

W: Jamie Carter ('93 Supra) - 7.992, 184.65.

R/U: Ben Stones ('97 GSX) - 10.489, 151.74.

Semi's: Jay White.

SPEC Front Wheel Drive

W: Jon Moore ('98 Neon) - 10.517, 147.05.

R/U: Rob Pachner ('83 Shelby) - 10.565, 138.63.

Semi's: Adam Laubenthal; Paul Armstrong.

Bracket Class

W: Rick Angles ('93 Civic) - 17.509, 79.68 (17.50 dial).

R/U: Jon Webber ('04 STI) - 14.890, 81.01 (15.10 dial).

Semi's: Scott Nutter.

I made a pass in a MR2 with a V6. I've never driven a mr2 let alone raced one with a V6 in it. I spun pretty hard out of the hole 2.4 60' lol... 15.3 I think was my time. But I had issues with 4th. Took it back owner corrected the problem. We went out and tuned it some between sessions came back. I was cruising up to staging. Hit my brakes and all I heard was wssshhhhhhhhh. Brakes gone.

That would have sucked going down track.

Devon's, or a different 2? What gen?

I made it to the finals in the Bracket class but could not win it like I did last year. I had to settle for the runner up spot. All in all it wasn’t horrible a lot of fun and to make it back to back on final around appearances.

Side note I think the pay outs could have been a little higher for the Bracket class. It paid $150 to win plus trophy and $50 to runner-up. Entry fee was $30 and this year took five rounds to make it in the finals. That puts us at 24'ish cars. $30 x 24 = $720 was made off of just the racer's in the bracket class. Pay out for that class was $200 so that is roughly 28% pay out. That just seems really low. Then to charge $15 a head for anyone that wanted to watch. Who ever puts this on made a lot of money that is for sure.

This might piss some people off but I was glad to see the Corvette finally do a full burnout. That track was so damn greasy with all of the street tires it couldn't hold on just a small, get the tires warm type burnout.

IFO paid out 110% of the entry fees. There were 124 racers yesterday. Entry fee is $30 whether run TnT or compete for $$$. Cash payouts just for the racers that day totaled to $4100, most of which go to the faster heads up classes. That is typical for any race event... bigger payouts for the faster classes.

First, I am not angry. I am asking questions and very curious. If I was angry I wouldn’t have came back this year.

Ok, my follow up question is then why is it the same entry fee across the bored? At any typical event the Faster Classes have a higher entry fee to cover the bigger payouts. Even if this difference in entry fee is a little as five more dollars normally it is more but it adds up. This for the normal and specialty events ran at NTR over the course of the year. I realize that yeah if I want a bigger pay out I need to put more money in to my car make it go faster or just go some where else.

Looking at the location of your screen name, age and knowing how many racers there were this soon I would image you are an IFO employee, if not manger type. This is just a guess. We could talk about this over email. I would say PM’s on this site but at this point I am only allowed two.

no problem, yes, this is IFO.

We keep the entry fees the same across the board to encourage more people to actually compete instead of just run tnt. It is $30 to race which is only $5 more than most tnt sessions at most tracks across the country. It is no extra charge to race for money. Some of the heads up class winners won $700 or $600 each yesterday, yet only paid $30 to compete.

This might piss some people off but I was glad to see the Corvette finally do a full burnout. That track was so damn greasy with all of the street tires it couldn't hold on just a small, get the tires warm type burnout.

Speaking of which, did anybody get this on video?

at IFO it is $30 to race whether just running TnT or competing for cash. Payouts are in the the thousands, plus trophies.

If want to race for a cheaper price, tracks usually host weekly, non-payout, TnT nights for $20 to $25, even as low as $15 according to the above post /\

no problem, yes, this is IFO.

We keep the entry fees the same across the board to encourage more people to actually compete instead of just run tnt. It is $30 to race which is only $5 more than most tnt sessions at most tracks across the country. It is no extra charge to race for money. Some of the heads up class winners won $700 or $600 each yesterday, yet only paid $30 to compete.

Cool thanks for getting back to us on this. I will also PM you with my email, there are a couple of things I would like to ask you about. Thanks.

Im sure John Force would approve of his burnout skills

I saw the first and I think the third pass but for a moment I thought he was going to take it through the beams like a prostocker. That would have been tit's.