guys with ohlins/shaft style damper.

natedogg624

im interested in a ohlins damper for sale on the BARF boards (please dont steal it away from me...)

anyways, from the pics he posted it looks like it would get in the way of steering inputs.

for those that have the long shaft damper what are your opinions on it? does it get in the way?

is it something where i could adjust it and move it more central or is that mount pretty much stuck where its at. (mount is included)

its 162 total "bolt and go." serviced this past season.

019-1.jpg

023-3.jpg

i know its been said that the shaft style is easier to get damaged in a wreck, but this is a pretty good deal.

i guess if worse comes to worse and i don't like it, i could just sell it.

Edited by natedogg624

but she was soooo good...

anyways--

im going to buy it, but just one more question regarding how long it looks.

is the unit able to move left and right along the shaft (dirty minds leave now...)? for instance on the ohlins site, it shows a lot more coming out of the right side than in the picture.

mc_SD_R_T.jpg

I don't know... That looks too long for that bike to me. It might just be the pics, but it looks too long.

Other than that, they are great. Prefer top mount like ohlins/Scott or GP, but those are good, too.

I think its the pics.

It doesn't really travel that far, so you should be ok.

but she was soooo good...

anyways--

im going to buy it, but just one more question regarding how long it looks.

is the unit able to move left and right along the shaft (dirty minds leave now...)? for instance on the ohlins site, it shows a lot more coming out of the right side than in the picture.

mc_SD_R_T.jpg

Yes. It doesn't matter how much is sticking out of either side. The damping is consistent across the stroke. All that matters is that the rod is long enough to cover the total travel. You should be fine.