Blackberry 8338? "Curve" vs. Samsung Delve

Fonzie

Was looking at cell phones today.....These 2 in particular. Never had a "smart phone" before, but really liked these. I'm with Alltel

Anyone else have/had these.....Advice/critiques etc??? Can you synch up the calendar on the BlackBerry with your yahoo calendar? Just curious

Also......What about these HTC phones? Hear they're an up & coming player. Forget who he said they're made by/partnered with Microsoft

Edited by Fonzie

Was looking at cell phones today.....These 2 in particular. Never had a "smart phone" before, but really liked these

Anyone else have/had these.....Advice/critiques etc??? Can you synch up the calendar on the BlackBerry with your yahoo calendar? Just curious

Also......What about these HTC phones? Hear they're an up & coming player. Forget who he said they're made by/partnered with

Im either going with the Samsun Omnia touchscreen smart phone or the Blackberry Storm.

I have to have a touch screen and a full keyboard. I usually send/receive about 300 texts a day now.. Blackberry is nice but the Omnia has windows mobile & 5 MP camera and that is the route I was looking at going. Being able to actually read HTML emails, work with files in excel, word, powerpoint & pdfs. Hell then I could actually surf this site at work...

Any cell phone questions you have Fonzie goto www.howardforums.com There is no better cell phone forum for reviews/mods/programs/hacks/free shit for phones on the internet. But I do believe I didn't hear to many good things about HTC. I think they had some problems that I read about on howard forums..

sam_omnia.png

The Samsung Omnia™ is the all–in–one mobile device that helps keep even the busiest life in balance. This advanced, touch screen smartphone offers the very best in features and functionality – all accessed through a full–sized, customizable touch display with drag and drop Widgets. The Omnia is like a PC in your pocket, fully loaded with Windows® Mobile 6.1 Professional and Opera Mobile – a full HTML Web browser. It’s also part entertainment manager with a 5MP camera, a music player with FM radio and much more, all wrapped up in one sleek phone. It even has 8GB of internal memory available and support for up to a 16GB microSD™ card. VZ Navigatorsm, VZAppZonesm and Mobile Broadband Connect round out the impressive list of services.

Features

• Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional
  • Rev. A Capable
  • Microsoft® Office Word Mobile, Excel® Mobile, and PowerPoint® Mobile; Adobe® Reader® LE PDF viewer
  • View, edit, create Word and Excel files; view only PowerPoint and PDF files; view, extract, create ZIP files
  • Opera™ Mobile browser
  • Wi–Fi Capable
  • Windows Media® Player Mobile
  • Memory: 256MB Flash/128MB RAM
    (+ 8GB of additional internal memory)
  • Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (v2.0) including A2DP for Stereo
  • 3.2" Display: 240x400 pixel; 64K color TFT
  • Optical Mouse Navigation
  • Advanced touch screen with customizable Widgets
  • 5.0 megapixel camera w/auto–focus, zoom and video capture
  • microSD™ memory support (up to 16GB)
  • Voice command capable
  • Speakerphone
  • Business Card Reader
  • Security locking features
  • Text, Picture and Video messaging (MMS)
  • Wireless Sync capable
  • ActiveSync® (v4.5) and Windows Mobile Device Center®
  • Mobile Broadband Connect capable

bb_storm.png

Introducing the world's first touch screen BlackBerry only from America's largest 3G network, Verizon Wireless. At work or at play, the BlackBerry® Storm™ keeps you connected to both sides of life. The breakthrough SurePress™ touch screen with a tactile click response allows you to accurately navigate within every advanced feature that's packed in the Storm including a music player, 3.2 megapixel camera and a true Internet web browser. Plus, enhance your productivity with email, MS Office document support and advanced global capabilities, and keep connected with social tools like Instant Messaging and pre–loaded Facebook and Flickr applications.

• Network Support: Dual–band 800/1900 MHz CDMA/EV–DO Rev. A networks; Quad–Band: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks Single–Band: 2100 MHz UMTS/HSPA networks
  • SIM Card: pre–installed in BlackBerry® Storm
  • Memory: 128MB Flash Memory, 192MB RAM, 1GB On–board memory
  • BlackBerry 4.7 Desktop Software Integrated Email, Phone, SMS, Browser, Calendar, Address Book, and additional organizer applications
  • BlackBerry Internet Solution (BIS) – integrate up to 10 personal email accounts
  • BlackBerry Enterprise Solution (BES) – works to provide functionality such as single mailbox integration, remote address book look–up and more
  • SurePress™ touch screen with portrait and landscape views
  • Display: High resolution (480x360 pixel), 3.25" color, TFT LCD. Supports over 65k colors
  • microSD™ memory card support: 8GB SanDisk® card installed (device supports up to 16GB)
  • On–Screen/virtual keyboard – portrait SureType and multi–tap; QWERTY landscape.
  • 3.2 Megapixel Camera w/Flash, auto–focus and Video Capture
  • Integrated speaker and microphone, Hands–free headset capable (3.5mm 4 Pole)
  • Media Player – videos, music, games and more...

• Bluetooth® (v2.0) including A2DP for Stereo sound
  • Ring Tones: Polyphonic + vibrate
  • Text, Picture, Video and Instant Messaging
  • VZ Navigatorsm for spoken turn–by–turn directions
  • Visual Voice Mail compatible
  • Mobile Broadband Connect capable (Windows only)
  • Instant Messaging applications for BlackBerry
  • V CAST Music with Rhapsody® (Subscription, Wireless & PC downloads)
  • Password protection and Keyboard lock
  • Device Insurance is available

i have the blackberry storm i have the curve as a work phone but the ball kept messing up and then it gets very frustrating because you can't scroll up and down it the only option you have. so i took it back and got the samsung omnia had it for 1 day and took it back it sucked the keys are very small for my sausage fingers and it was slow and clustered so now i have the storm and i'm loving it and yeah you can sync it with the yahoo calendar. i went through and deleted the dumb apps on the storm and it moves a bit faster

• 1 month later...

bump.gif

That Omnia sounds really sweet Kyle, but I don't need/can't justify something that high end $$ right now. Still need to check out that Howard site

I think I've seen Alltel commercials with the Delve on sale this past week. Like the fact that some of these phones can synch with Yahoo calendar.

Looks like the Storm is exclusive to Verizon for now

Went to get a Blackberry, decided against it because to get it to work is $30/month on top of the regular bill. I get full internet on my voyager for $10/month. Not worth the extra $$

Sexist, racist and now drama queen....... should you add Cheapass? :lol:

hey man look on the bright side you have all the sheep you can handle!!! seriously tho i know the feeling been outta work for a while myself. i look at it as a vacation on OBAMA, long as i can keep my head above water it cant last forever!!!!

I have heard of alot of blackberrys with the track ball messing up my wife has done it 4 or 5 times. I am not a big fan of touch screen phones but I have oily greasy hands at work. I bought the pantech matrix and absolutly love it. They make one called the duo exact same phone but it has windows 6.1 or something like that on it.

i have the curve and love it

How long have you had it for, and have you had any issues with the mouse/ball? How does it do as a web browser? Do you know what your camera specs are?

Thinkin' of adding the Motorola Q9 to the mix as well, & maybe even the Hint. Read decent things about both on Howard's last night, though I've tried to stay away from Motorola the last 5 years or so. Need to look more into the camera specs

Read so-so reviews about the Delve last night. Kinda makin' me shy away from it now, even though Alltel's currently runnin' a $50 special on it

Edited by Fonzie