Carbines and other SHTF Gun Opinions

twistedfocus1647545489

Related question:

So, I see there's alot of debate over the elventy-billion magazine offerings. Most seem to like the P-Mags, where others seem to prefer traditional steel with upgraded followers (often Magpul followers). P-Mags are pretty cheap and it seems like a no brainer, but is there any good reason to keep away? Any quirks, like issues with feed lips vs. the steel?

Not really. P-Mags shit all over everything else. The newer version has a cap to prevent feed lip spread.

I found out that if I intend to store a spare 30-rounder in the stock I can't fit a P-mag (however they fit the mag well just fine). I see that they have a new "export mag" with smooth sides that more closely matches USGI dimensions. I think it may fit, however they are a good bit more expensive ($20+/ea.). I may snag a couple of USGI's with upgraded followers for now unless I can find one of the E-mags locally to try. I'd like to have the E-mags if they'll store in the stock. It won;t hurt to have a couple of GI spares anyway.

yeah. You can get a good c products mags, which come with good followers for cheap ($10, or $12ish in SS). You may want to get 20 rounders to see how they work with the stock storage though, I don't know. Let me know if you want any to try fitment on.

You may want to get 20 rounders to see how they work with the stock storage though, I don't know. Let me know if you want any to try fitment on.

Will do. Thanks.

I haven't heard back from BW yet on whether they were able to locate an SU-16CA in stock or had to backorder one. I may swing by there on the way home.