Subaru people

,,,,,,comma,,,,,,

To get 350-400 awhp reliably will require an aftermarket turbo and forged internals.

As far as swpping it in, the most difficult part will be the harness, and there's tons of info out there to handle that. You'll want to swap the transmission as well, since that much power (nearly 500 crank hp) will turn a 2.5i and WRX transmissions into so much shiny confetti. The STI 6-speed is damn near bombproof though. If you look around, you can get a good deal on an STI driveline. I picked up: clutch, slave cyl, 6-speed, shift linkage, driveshaft, R180 diff, all four axles, and all four knuckles for $4500.

You may end up spending more, once you're done, than just buying a WRX or STI. But most swaps are usually in danger of that. That's why most people looking to do a swap like this start with an 01 or earlier Impreza. Now if you think this might turn into a long-term build. Then just swapping in a stock WRX or STI motor is not exceedingly difficult.

How is the motor blown? May be interested in the motor if you do this route..

You can find motors on Tigerjapanese.com to give you a reference on stock motor costs, plus harness and computer. It is essentially a drop in with minimal modification. Other than getting the right axles, drive shaft etc...

Drinkitdown on here is preparing a EJ22T out of a Turbo Legacy to put into his 2.2 Impreza. He is quite knowledgeable on the subject as well.

This mother fucker aint swappin no motor, He barley hangs out with the PRK since he got married....

haha touche sir. i haven't seen andrew in weeks and when i try to hang out with him, his g/f's room mates drink him under the table and he passes out.

How is the motor blown? May be interested in the motor if you do this route..

You can find motors on Tigerjapanese.com to give you a reference on stock motor costs, plus harness and computer. It is essentially a drop in with minimal modification. Other than getting the right axles, drive shaft etc...

Drinkitdown on here is preparing a EJ22T out of a Turbo Legacy to put into his 2.2 Impreza. He is quite knowledgeable on the subject as well.

There is also the EJ205 heads with a EJ22 bottomend.

Subaru EJ's are Lego motors. I'm not kidding. I just got back from Creston Ohio, I grabbed a NA Ej22 block to mate to my Ej205 heads.

There is also the EJ205 heads with a EJ22 bottomend.

Subaru EJ's are Lego motors. I'm not kidding. I just got back from Creston Ohio, I grabbed a NA Ej22 block to mate to my Ej205 heads.

Careful Bill. NA EJ22 blocks are open deck and turbo EJ22 blocks are closed deck, making the NA one much weaker. If you are planning on running more than 300hp, you need a turbo block, not an NA one.

Careful Bill. NA EJ22 blocks are open deck and turbo EJ22 blocks are closed deck, making the NA one much weaker. If you are planning on running more than 300hp, you need a turbo block, not an NA one.

Actually the ej22 is the same exact layout as the ej205. The ej22 also has the same cylinder wall thickness.

Then again everyone said 300awhp was the upper end of the ej205.

I'll post up pictures later.