My 2500HD stuck in 4hi

BrianZ06

I have a 02 2500HD 4x4 with the electronic 4x4 switchs on the dash. The last time i put it in 4hi it stayed their. The 4 wheel works fine , just will not go back to 2wheel. When you push the 2 wheel button it just lights up and returns back to 4 hi. Now when I push the button I can hear something engaging also. Also it will only try to do the switch over after you turn the key on and off ,after it is running it does nothing when you hit the buttons. I just replaced the dash switch with a new one which did not help. Been reading up on the actuator,solenoid,and a module now my brain is fried. .Any suggestions. Edited by BrianZ06

Same thing happened with my brothers blazer, replaced the switch and it worked for about a week and stuck again when the pos chevy replacement switch went out again. I dont know if that could be it or not even though you replaced it but ours didnt make any noises when you pressed it. Good luck man

motor on the transfer case..sounds like the switch is working fine

What I hear when pushing the switch buttons on the dash is the motor in the transfer case ! correct ? Im thinking the actuator is bad now because I can hear the motor working and I know the switch is working. I think the actuator is locked up in one position. Does this sound logical ? I do not have any service engine lights on so can you still pull a code ? The service 4x4 light is on though.

• 2 weeks later...
encoder motor senser was bad - cause dam mice got into the underhood fuse box and made a nest and chewed some wires to cause a short which was burning up the sensers. The truck sits in a pole barn most of the winter. I guess I need to take some steps to prevent this from happening again. Thought my cat was taking care of this but Im going to have to fire him and do it myself maybe just start the truck and move it around more. Maybe some decon ? under the hood . Open to suggestions if anyone has had a problem like this.