WTB original Xbox

Buck531

Looking for an original xbox for my 8 year old. He has one, but when you turn it on it starts popping and cracking like the power supply took a dump.

So.. does anyone have either a power supply for an original xbox or the whole thing? Doesn't need to be modded. Gaming stores are selling them for around $25 without the cables.

Looking for an original xbox for my 8 year old. He has one, but when you turn it on it starts popping and cracking like the power supply took a dump.

So.. does anyone have either a power supply for an original xbox or the whole thing? Doesn't need to be modded. Gaming stores are selling them for around $25 without the cables.

Does it pop and crack right near where you plug in the power cable? If so, that's the solder points going bad. Its a common problem and quite easy to fix. Just open it up and dab some solder where it connects to the board, and anywhere else that looks loose.

• Upvote 1

Does it pop and crack right near where you plug in the power cable? If so, that's the solder points going bad. Its a common problem and quite easy to fix. Just open it up and dab some solder where it connects to the board, and anywhere else that looks loose.

yep..

Ok I'll tear it apart :) thanks.