Droid 2

Gergwheel1647545492

Anyone heard anything about a release date? I know at CES they said it was coming, but didn't mention a time frame, just didn't know if any of the verizon people had any inside info. I need a new phone bad, but probably won't get one till mid - end febuary.

Droid 2...probably not. But there are quite a few new android devices lined up for release soon. With the biggest officially announced one being the Nexus.

http://phandroid.com/2010/01/26/another-htc-bravo-picture-emerges/

No word on whether or not this will come to Verizon, but its basically a Nexus with HTC Sense on it. Its to the Nexus like the Eris is to the Droid. HTC usually adds a lot of cool extra features to standard android.

Here is also a new Motorola device, they call it the Nexus 2 but I also highly doubt thats what it will be called

http://phandroid.com/2010/01/28/motorola-ceo-confirms-google-phone-nexus-2/

Droid 2...probably not.

The Droid name is licenced by Verizon Wireless. The Droid 2 could actually end up being an HTC phone if Verizon wanted it to be. There are talks of a Nexus with a keyboard being the droid 2(this would complete me), or a phone motorola already has made. The one Motorola is testing now is operating on 2.1, has similar specs to the Nexus, is touch only, and is due to be released world wide. The one that hits the states will likely be labelled the as a "Droid".

Greg, if you are worried about buying a phone just to have a newer one released dont worry. The droid is selling too well to jump ship. The nexus will probably come out next (would take the top spot on the touch only android phones), then a few others are set to be released later on. If I were a betting man I would say March for the Nexus, and late summer for the next Droid.

Edited by V8 Beast