Rust proofing headers?

ShoMeSomeFun

The cheaper route I went when I had headers on my Lumina was that I got two cans of 1500* VHT. Sand blasted the headers, cleaned them up really well. Then I put on 2-3 very thin coats. Installed them on the car. Started the car for 5 minutes. Cooled down, then 15 the next, cooled down, then 30 minutes and cooled down. They were fine for 3-4 years.

you need a special set of hedders for that ranger....

hooker,hedman, and frank duff all make hedders that fit right

The hooker headers are for 4 wheel drive, as well as the James Duff headers(which are long tube). On a 2wd app the steering shaft as to be modified, how idk.

I already have the hedman shorty headers that work with my application, I was just going to buy new ones thinking I could just shine them up.

My original have that classic rust to them.

So there isnt any places in columbus that can do ceramic coating?

The hooker headers are for 4 wheel drive, as well as the James Duff headers(which are long tube). On a 2wd app the steering shaft as to be modified, how idk.

I already have the hedman shorty headers that work with my application, I was just going to buy new ones thinking I could just shine them up.

place over on james rd is what we use...cant remember the name tho

I've got ceramic coated tri-y's on mine (90 2wd) I thought they were james duff hedders (they came with the motor) time to do some more research I guess

I've got ceramic coated tri-y's on mine (90 2wd) I thought they were james duff hedders (they came with the motor) time to do some more research I guess

I called the guy at james duff, and he said they used to make some shorty headers but have not made them in awhile.

So you probably do have some headers from them just not in production anymore.

I found the exact headers that I have now with ceraminc on steel coating. They cost a pretty penny but it looks like thats direction I have to go.