R1

99crb600

Not too many miles... They have transmission problems and that is the main thing about them... Make sure you ride it and stab it hard in 2nd and 3rd, since they are the most common gears to go out and make sure it does not pop out... Also make sure it runs good and it does not miss or sputter... They also have injector problems... Overall they are nice bikes...

Not too many miles... They have transmission problems and that is the main thing about them... Make sure you ride it and stab it hard in 2nd and 3rd, since they are the most common gears to go out and make sure it does not pop out... Also make sure it runs good and it does not miss or sputter... They also have injector problems... Overall they are nice bikes...

i'm thinking 03' was still a carb. 04' i though was when they switched.

i'm thinking 03' was still a carb. 04' i though was when they switched.

It's fuel injected but the system was funky and didn't work as well... They are throttle body injected, that worked similar to carburators with vacum created by the piston... It was only on the 02 and 03 models and thats why those two years are down on power compared to the 01 model... Didn't worked so well for Yamaha so in 04 they changed it...

Those are great bikes.. I had an 02 and never had a single issue with it.. As far back as I can remember Ive actually never heard of anyone having trans or fuel inj issues?????

I would say a good buy.. plenty of parts floating around for them on the r1-forum too ;)