ProSport Gauges?

Fubar231

Has anyone ever heard of them or anyone running them?

There so fucking cheap, i cant but help to think there just going to be trash.

Oil Psi

http://prosportgauges.com/blue/White-oil-pressure-gauge-52mm.aspx

"Premium" Oil Psi

http://prosportgauges.com/amber-white-premium-oil-pressure-gauge.aspx

Water Temp

http://prosportgauges.com/blue/White-water-temperature-gauge.aspx

"Premium" Water Temp

http://prosportgauges.com/amber-white-premium-water-temperature.aspx

Premium? What?

So confused.

Ive got the Boost and Water in my Mini. They work well. I got them because they match my stock ones to a tee. You can set the color combos for day and night (EDIT: this is the 'Premium' thing apparently). Mine are White during day and orange at night. They can be slightly difficult to see during the day if there is glare. Mine came with covers, like a stoplight might have, but I dont remember if those were with the pods, or gauges...I wanna say pods.

They also remember max, and you can set a 'limit' where they will start blinking red....Like if you overheat.

They make a tiny bit of noise... like if its pretty quiet you can hear the electrical sweep.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/iwashmycar/TueFeb02170523EST2010.jpg

I have the boost gauge. Replaced it 2 times already. Sick of replacing it so im just trashing it now and moving on to something more reliable or a good old mechanical one. It was great while it worked, but at times it would read full boost and make the annoying beeping sound and drive you nuts, or other times just do crazy wacko things.

I have the boost gauge. Replaced it 2 times already. Sick of replacing it so im just trashing it now and moving on to something more reliable or a good old mechanical one. It was great while it worked, but at times it would read full boost and make the annoying beeping sound and drive you nuts, or other times just do crazy wacko things.

Were they the premium ones?

I made this post on one of the supraforums and a bunch of people have them and say they love them.

From one of our own over on the mania

Do you guys know why my gauges seems to be fighting to be setup right?

the pressure gauge, when sitting at a light or idling it just rapidly moves around like the

sensor doesn't know what its reading. I took a video of it and have

uploaded it to youtube so you can see the issue. When the gauge goes all the way up, I revved the engine so you can see it doesn't stabilize. Any ideas

on what i can do to fix this issue? it used to be just my pressure gauge and now my boost gauge is starting to do it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgCofjgQmNU

yep thats mine, it finally died this weekend. shows full PSI.

my boost is the premium, oil temp and oil pressure are the standards. just FYI the casings are different so don't mix and match like i did.

only thing premiums add are peak and warn. the colors between peak and warn are different too.

if you want to come check them out just let me know, chances are im going to ditch them for either a MSD dash hawk or a set of STRI gauges.

Thats not the gauge erroring though, thats whatever the sensor your using for the boost/vac right?

You never know with these. When you call prosport they tell you to send back the sensor and the gauge. So I honestly dont know what goes bad the sensor or the gauge.

You never know with these. When you call prosport they tell you to send back the sensor and the gauge. So I honestly dont know what goes bad the sensor or the gauge.

Seems like youve had experiences with them, do they at least have good customer support? I mean both gauges and everything needed to install it is still cheaper than 1 oil psi gauge from jegs etc.

Guest Removed
Were they the premium ones?

I made this post on one of the supraforums and a bunch of people have them and say they love them.

cause most supra owners never drive their cars

I ran the Premium peak warn gauges and i liked them alot as far as looks etc. but i think they were off on being acurate when the temp said 195-200 deg on the gauge my AEM standalone said it was 180. Oil press didnt seem quite right either, But none the less nice gauges for the money

Seems like youve had experiences with them, do they at least have good customer support? I mean both gauges and everything needed to install it is still cheaper than 1 oil psi gauge from jegs etc.

Yea I guess customer service wasnt to bad. I did have to pay for shipping back to them.

As far as accuracy- I never compared it to my ECU, but instead of being dead 0 when it was off it would read a little bit above. Not sure if this affected the overall accuracy or not, or maybe it was because of the elevation difference between Prosport and me. IDK.

Ive had mine peg at full boost once or twice as well. I think it was due to the boost port that its taking the readings from. or maybe where it transfers the mech pressure to electric at the little box.

As far as the noise...i forgot about that... they make that screeching loud beep at first but you just have to turn it off, by holding the button down at startup, the first time (and if the battery gets disconnected)

As far as accuracy...Im not driving a race car. If i was, yeah id probably go AutoMeter or the like.... But when all your going off of are idiot lights, these things are great... I especially like the spacing of numbers, unlike autometers having something like 15 degrees+ between numbers. Also depends where you are taking readings from....

Thats not the gauge erroring though, thats whatever the sensor your using for the boost/vac right?

oil pressure is that gauge, its probably the sensor but that's also why i haven't sent it back to them im waiting to have to do a oil change so i can send them back. it is quite funny how they are just ignoring me on the forum tho.

oil pressure is that gauge, its probably the sensor but that's also why i haven't sent it back to them im waiting to have to do a oil change so i can send them back. it is quite funny how they are just ignoring me on the forum tho.

Yeah i did see how no one responded to it. How do you have your oil psi gauge hooked up? Did you use your stock location or do you have a oil filter sandwich plate you got it probe'd in at.