Aftermarket tail light wiring

F4iBunny

So I got an fender eliminator for my F4i from PimpBikes -- I do not recommend doing this, by the way... With the new undertail the stock tail light is tossed and is replaced by 2 LED clusters. The lights have 5 wires each (red, gray, blue, yellow, black). Anyone know the proper way to wire them to the stock wiring?

pics for us visual peeps?

what does the bike receiving end of the wires look like? one plug, two plug, bunch o'wires?

on the bike end of the harness how many holes/slots/plugs does it have?

5 colors is odd to me.

i would assume right now that red is your brake, gray (or blue) is running, yellow is signal, black is ground, and i have no idea what blue (or gray) would be for.

if the bike receiving end has only one plug for these 10 wires (5 per correct?) then you could splice each color together allow for the one plug.

btw do you know who made this fender eliminator? is pimpbikes the manufacturer or the distributor?

Edited by natedogg624

ground, taillight, brake light, left turn signal, right turn signal.

Touch the wires to a 12v battery. Start by trying ground to the black, and power to the red, and see which one lights up. Mark it or write it down. Repeat power on the rest until each is identified. You will then have to match them up to the existing wiring harness. Try to keep your stock connectors by buying matching connectors and crimping them on the wires. Fun stuff.