ABS Plastic Hugger or Fiberglass Hugger - Which would be the most durable?

600ZZ4eb

What up,

I'm looking for a hugger for my zzr 600 and i have found they are either made from ABS plastic or fiberglass and I'm not sure which would hold up better. Any thoughts? Price is about the same or close enough to not make a difference.

Thanks

Please Don't flame me or negative rep me for givin my opinion , but they are gay, the negative space looks better. spend your money on something that will make a difference. shave weight, don't add more parts ( 2 cent smiley goes here )

The ABS is typical automotive material, plus it "might" be one of the fiber reinforced ABS, like the stuff TCP(French) sells. Fiberglass is cheaper, and can break in a spectacular fashion. ABS "might" survive a bit longer than fiberglass. Fiberglass works fine on Corvettes, but it seems everybody else uses an ABS plastic.

Years ago we bobbed a fiberglass fender, and put in on the front of a Norton Commando. It was cheaper than the stock part, and we put it real close to the tire, it looked great. The owner hit a pop can dead square with the front wheel. It wrapped up and clamped onto the tire, and went immediately through the fiberglass fender, leaving it in shreds. Boom. We bought another one and started over...

Thanks everyone. I won't flame anyone who thinks "its gay or waygay" that's your opinion. I actually don't like the empty space an undertail leaves....i think it looks like it is missing something back there, but that's my opinion. :-) To each his own.

Well I got the same bike as yours I got the hugger/chainguard from this store

http://www.superbikestore.com/

I had a crash last september, not a scratch to the hugger, very well made. Personally I feel it keeps the bike little cleaner.......it's not gay for a ZZR which is essentially a sport tourer....may be gay for 6R or 10R:D

I have had a fiberglass hugger for about 4-5 years on my bike. I would stay away from fiberglass. I have chips missing out of the edge from rocks and the front part of it towrads the front of the bike has had spiderwebbed cracks in it for the last 2 years. Iit looks good untill you look real closley at it. I have been thinking about replacing it with ABS but its in decent enough shape to keep it for now. I'll wait till it gets worse then get plastic

What up,

I'm looking for a hugger for my zzr 600 and i have found they are either made from ABS plastic or fiberglass and I'm not sure which would hold up better. Any thoughts? Price is about the same or close enough to not make a difference.

Thanks

ABS will not chip like fiberglass, overall its better, it also flexes better without cracking.