GT40 P explorer heads

Guest 614Streets

Guest 614Streets
What is the deal with these heads guys? I have a customer who wants to purchase a set of these at 300 and I do not follow the Fords so I was hoping turner or lasota or hand would chime in. He expects a 40 hp increase on his stock 5.0 with me also adding a cobra intake. Because he is a customer the ball is in his court but I do want to make sure he is making the right choice in getting these heads. Also do they offer behive springs for these heads?

Guest Removed

depends on the headers he is using.....90* plug wire ends are a must..and change the springs out.....

i would say send them to the machine shop and have the guides and valves done. and upgrade the springs. these cash for clunkers ordeals...some of these heads got fucked up.

Guest Removed

you get what you pay for..i just junked a set that the guides where trashed in...hell one valve wouldnt come out. but IMO, send them off to the machine shop.

you can gain some extra power from them by putting bigger valves in them, and doing some mild port work.

some headers fit great with these..some dont..before the install, put some plugs in it, and bolt one of the headers up to it..make sure the spark plugs dont hit.

stock explorer springs If i remember correctly wont even like the stock 5.0 cam up in thehiger rpm range I have a set of gt40 heads and have been waiting to installed them because im going to do a valve job and springs 100%

tell him to do it right the first time and 300 is kinda high for the p heads I have a set in my gargae i would let go for 225 also i sold a set for that price a few months ago