Need help with multiple xbox 360 internet lag

sprayin77

Does anyone have 2 or 3 xbox 360's that they play at the same time on xbox live without issues. I have 4 consoles 3 are on most of the weekend and the connection is horrible. I also have 4 computers as well 3 are online wireless and are typically on when im playing modern warfare 2. What can i do so that everyone can have a good gaming experience and internet browsing experience at the same time? I currently have insight road runner turbo, with a linksys wireless n router. 3 consoles are wired, 1 console is wireless, all 4 computers are wireless. I am thinking of getting another modem from insight with another road runner turbo for my console only. My son doesnt have alot of problems with his connection. Unless we play together then alot of the time we lag really badly. Any suggestions.

Had a similar issue here on campus, since we have three 360 consoles in the house. You can read up more about it, but basically you should install DD-WRT firmware on your current router, instead of whatever came on it. With this you have a bit more control over your network. Within that firmware you can enable uPnP, and set all your 360s to automatic network settings, this should fix the problem. It fixed ours for sure, I dealt with it last week. Strangely it was never a problem until modern warfare 2 for me either.

For what its worth we went from using the firmware that came on our Linksys router to DD-WRT, not sure what brand of router you use but the same should apply.