FD guys come in!

BlackMess

Trying to rework some wiring on my ls1 FD. This is the x-05 connector. The shop who did some work on my car jumpered the red/yellow and blue/yellow wires together. I cant figure out why? I looked through the FSM and the wires appear to be the EGR and ABV valve. Can anyone confirm what these two wires are? I'm thinking all I need from the x-05 is the blue/white for fan relay and the blue/black for dash lights?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/ejmack/IMG_0065.jpg

Cleaning up this wiring mess and depinning the connector so I can tuck it behind the kickpanel. No idea why theey would be jumpered? Unless it has something to do with the fan relays. I've spent hours going through the FSM and can't seem to trace the circuit

Trying to rework some wiring on my ls1 FD. This is the x-05 connector. The shop who did some work on my car jumpered the red/yellow and blue/yellow wires together. I cant figure out why? I looked through the FSM and the wires appear to be the EGR and ABV valve. Can anyone confirm what these two wires are? I'm thinking all I need from the x-05 is the blue/white for fan relay and the blue/black for dash lights?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/ejmack/IMG_0065.jpg

You can PM Tank for the detailed version but it was done because your car was originally an Auto car. Something about the park / neutral safety switch that won't allow the car to start w/o that being done.

Jeff

Guest Removed

i have all the wiring break downs for the fd chassis. but i pull up connector x-05, it just gives a break down on that connector, have to chase the wiring diagram to see what wires those are, and so on. and in tracing it you almost need all the diagrams out in front of you to pull it off.(been there done that)

isnt most of it covered on the forum(v8rx7)iirc

Yea out of all the members on the forum nobody has ever jumpered those wires. X-05 is only used for cooling fan relay wire....

If I relayed the message correctly (Tank isn't here today) then Erik's car should have the same thing done since it was originally an Auto as well.

Jeff