for ford gurrus

SausageKing

i have an 89 notchback 4cylinder that im swapping a 93 GT 302 carbirated motor in to.. I have a few tech ?'s

donor vehicle 85-86 ford econoline van 302 carbirated

1. can I use the 4 cyl. brake booster and master cyl.?

2. can i swap the vans rear end in place of the 4 cyl. 7.5?

3. anything else i could use off this van for my mustang (springs shocks, spindels,steering rack, brakes etc.

4.will the tranny from the van fit my mustang?

if anyone might want to help me build this car I could always use the help and meet new friends!or you can just hang out.

I have my own shop, tools, lift and HEAT!!

let me know if you want to help. shop is located in Reynoldsburg.

any tech info or insight would be great!!

Thanx: Jimmy

progress so far.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad265/sausageking1973/mustang4.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad265/sausageking1973/mustang.jpg

if i were you i would buy a donor 5.0 car the 4cyl brake will work yes but the factory 5.0 stuff is better and bigger it all depends on how good you want to stop

No the rear end will no fit its an 8.8 technically but its got different mounts and i think the vans use leaf springs it would be easier/cheaper to guy a used 8.8 out of a mustang

no idea on the tranny im sure you could make it work but who knows as for the rest of the stuff prob not

find a 87-92 5.0 ho and start out with that better heads and forged pistons and whatnot man

I would be willing to lend a hand tho

if i were you i would buy a donor 5.0 car the 4cyl brake will work yes but the factory 5.0 stuff is better and bigger it all depends on how good you want to stop

No the rear end will no fit its an 8.8 technically but its got different mounts and i think the vans use leaf springs it would be easier/cheaper to guy a used 8.8 out of a mustang

no idea on the tranny im sure you could make it work but who knows as for the rest of the stuff prob not

find a 87-92 5.0 ho and start out with that better heads and forged pistons and whatnot man

I would be willing to lend a hand tho

i actualy have an 87 LX 5.0 also as a donor car. but wanted to see if i could use stuff off the van first. I work for the city as a Diesel Mechanic. I get off at 3 tomorrow. every day after tomorrow i get off at 6:30 p.m. anytime you want to help feel free to stop by after 6:30. On weekends i'm pretty much at my shop all day. friday night ,saturday and sunday.

Guest Removed
im willing to bet that the tranny will fit just fine. all 302 cars had the same automatic tranny. therefore, if that mustang had a 302 tranny in it, it would be the same as the van. you may have to modify the crossmember, but maybe not.

wrong.....not all mustangs (79-93) had the same transmission. there was 2 different aod's.

the van could have had a c-6 trans, where they never offered it in the 79-up cars.