Carb Recommendations

3.1cutlass

650 min

750 max

you could go larger, but makes getting it running just right, a pita...

(this is holley btw) toss a carter,afb,edelchock and call it a day. just read the plugs till they are a nice light brown

Thats what I was thinking. Also 2 barrel or 4? Whats the difference?

Well not knowing how much the vehicle weighs and what type of transmission/gear ratios you are using... if you make peak power at 5100 rpm there is really no reason to rev beyond 6K rpm (again not knowing gear ratios), with a mild cam, stock heads, intake and headers you are upping the volumetric efficiency to probably 90ish or below and that puts you somewhere between 550 and 600 cfm (600 being 100% VE)-

I would go with a holley 4 barrel 600 cfm to give a little room to grow and great throttle response- probably their electric choke street version with pcv/vacuum brakes- maybe a double pumper but not sure what you have as far as options to use on the street. Most people prefer holley carbs that are not carb experts as they are the easiest to tune as everything is available.

You can also use holley's calculator which requires more information but is very good.

http://www.holley.com/applications/CarburetorSelector/CarbSelection.asp

Edited by hpfiend
Forgot to post link...

VE)-

I would go with a holley 4 barrel 600 cfm to give a little room to grow and great throttle response- probably their electric choke street version with pcv/vacuum brakes- maybe a double pumper but not sure what you have as far as options to use on the street. Most people prefer holley carbs that are not carb experts as they are the easiest to tune as everything is available.

I second getting a nice 600cfm or 650cfm carb, you will be might happy with one.

Guest Removed
Thanks guys. As far as weight i'm not sure what it will weigh as of now. Transmission is still up in the air as well.

a well built 700r4 should do it nice. or even a turbo 350 beefed up depending on your rear end gear and tire height

Guest Removed

heres after pics

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/100_3414.jpg

cant find the before pics i had..and dans car runs alike a raped ape with a 750 on it...but its a tad more then stock