UFC 110 Predictions

wagner

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez

I like this fight as much as Kristy Alley likes cake. This will be a test to see if Cain is the real deal against one of the best ever. Nogueira is one of the most well rounded heavyweights ever. Cain has killer wrestling and hands like bricks.

I am going with Nogueira due to his experience but it will go the distance

Wanderlei Silva vs. Michael Bisping

Well it is nut up or shut up time for both of these guys. Silva needs a win to stay in the hunt for the title and Bisping needs to will to stay relavant. The question is how much gas does Silva have left in the tank. Back in the day this guy was a wrecking machine and one of the most gnarly fighters in PRIDE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afrp9CdwpCc

I am going with Silva via punches in bunches TKO

Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos

Stevenson wants another crack at BJ Penn before he leaves for the 170 pound class. Sotiropoulos is on a hot streak but I don't think he will have an answer for Stevenson's boxing.

Boring fight Stevenson takes it the distance and wins

Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader

Well time for Bader to put on his big boy pants! He won TUF but has not really fought anyone yet. Jardine is just a tough SOB with a very goofy style. Bader is outclassed here and will get beat.

Jardine via stoppage, maybe even after his pre-fight nipple tweak.

Mirko Filipović vs. Ben Rothwell

This is starting to make me sad :( all of my favorite old school guys are just not the same anymroe and Cro Cop is on the boat now. Rothwell looked like a fool in his first UFC fight so it is hard to really get a feel for him. IF Cro Cop shows up and go for broke I think some of Rothwell's teeth could end up in the 3rd row.

Upset of the night! Cro Cop KO via left head kick old school style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK3KG0n-ZGY

Final MMA Note: Strike Force is actually thinking of Herschel Walker & Jose Canseco. Bad idea! Freak show fights work in Japan and this will set MMA back years. Not to mention Walker will MAUL canseco so that might not be taht bad...

I agree with the predictions. I think this card is kind of off balance and weak personally. Stevenson I dont think will take it the distance though. I look for a devistating knockout from him. I was really surprised when he hit the scene and I think Joe is an animal. Cro cop is just getting too old to compete and not doi9ng too much for his legacy by taking these fights, but we all gotta eat I suppose.

Walker would KILL Jose. Walker never touched a free weight until he went pro. That man is an animal and would do 1000x situps, pushupd, pullups, dips etc daily. Conseco is a large turd. Only thing I can see coming from Jose is a nasty hook from his power side from swinging bats. Didnt he do a stint on Big Brother once??

I agree with the predictions. I think this card is kind of off balance and weak personally. Stevenson I dont think will take it the distance though. I look for a devistating knockout from him. I was really surprised when he hit the scene and I think Joe is an animal. Cro cop is just getting too old to compete and not doi9ng too much for his legacy by taking these fights, but we all gotta eat I suppose.

Walker would KILL Jose. Walker never touched a free weight until he went pro. That man is an animal and would do 1000x situps, pushupd, pullups, dips etc daily. Conseco is a large turd. Only thing I can see coming from Jose is a nasty hook from his power side from swinging bats. Didnt he do a stint on Big Brother once??

Well I hope to see the under card fight where Bonner will get his arm ripped off by the polish exeperiment :)

Cro Cop is just finishing hs contract out then he will be done I am guessing.

Jose would bring nothing to this fight but his mouth. Look at his only MMA fight when he fought the 7 foot tall asian. His boxing his even worse he got pwnd in celeberty boxing! Walker needs a bunch more polishing but he does not like a person in his 50s!

I like this card, hell I like any fight card :)

Bonner does need knocked down a peg or 2.

I am getting sick of seeing Jardine...just like Trigg, he needs to take a walk.

Walker is 48 now?? holy crap...I remember getting his rookie cards when I was in 7th grade. Time flys...Wikipedia has him listed as a pro MMA fighter. lol.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez

I like this fight as much as Kristy Alley likes cake. This will be a test to see if Cain is the real deal against one of the best ever. Nogueira is one of the most well rounded heavyweights ever. Cain has killer wrestling and hands like bricks.

I am going with Nogueira due to his experience but it will go the distance

Wanderlei Silva vs. Michael Bisping

Well it is nut up or shut up time for both of these guys. Silva needs a win to stay in the hunt for the title and Bisping needs to will to stay relavant. The question is how much gas does Silva have left in the tank. Back in the day this guy was a wrecking machine and one of the most gnarly fighters in PRIDE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afrp9CdwpCc

I am going with Silva via punches in bunches TKO

Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos

Stevenson wants another crack at BJ Penn before he leaves for the 170 pound class. Sotiropoulos is on a hot streak but I don't think he will have an answer for Stevenson's boxing.

Boring fight Stevenson takes it the distance and wins

Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader

Well time for Bader to put on his big boy pants! He won TUF but has not really fought anyone yet. Jardine is just a tough SOB with a very goofy style. Bader is outclassed here and will get beat.

Jardine via stoppage, maybe even after his pre-fight nipple tweak.

Mirko Filipović vs. Ben Rothwell

This is starting to make me sad :( all of my favorite old school guys are just not the same anymroe and Cro Cop is on the boat now. Rothwell looked like a fool in his first UFC fight so it is hard to really get a feel for him. IF Cro Cop shows up and go for broke I think some of Rothwell's teeth could end up in the 3rd row.

Upset of the night! Cro Cop KO via left head kick old school style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK3KG0n-ZGY

Final MMA Note: Strike Force is actually thinking of Herschel Walker & Jose Canseco. Bad idea! Freak show fights work in Japan and this will set MMA back years. Not to mention Walker will MAUL canseco so that might not be taht bad...

Entertaining predictions. :) I agree with most of them verbatim. The only one I'm unsure of is the Nogueira fight. He's a great fighter and seems to be a great guy. Huge fan of him since Pride. However, he looked really slow and old in his fight with Mir. Seemed very uncharacteristic. If comes out like that, Cain will overwhelm him with his youth and strength.

Entertaining predictions. :) I agree with most of them verbatim. The only one I'm unsure of is the Nogueira fight. He's a great fighter and seems to be a great guy. Huge fan of him since Pride. However, he looked really slow and old in his fight with Mir. Seemed very uncharacteristic. If comes out like that, Cain will overwhelm him with his youth and strength.

Well from what I have read Nogueira was not 100% for that fight. The UFC nor he will admit it since it would not look good. He had a pretty bad staph infection from what I read and he just was not on it for that fight.

Now he did look much better when he fought Randy but that is a tough fight to gauge where he is.

Where Big Nog will hurt people is on the ground. His BJJ is nasty and very slick with how he uses it. That is where he will get Cain I think and I am willing to bet that is the game plan. Use that youth and strength to get him to make a mistake.

If Nog tries to stand and bang with Cain he will get his face punched in.

Didn't Walker compete in the last winter olympics for the USA Luge team? The guy has tree trunks for legs, hes an absolute physical freak. I watched the clips on espn from his first fight and that dude is a beast for someone nearly 50. There's no way Canseco will be able to stand with him for more than 15 seconds.

Velasquez is the real deal and will keep Nogueira on his back more than a 2 dollar whore. Nogueira hasn't looked very good imo in the past 3-4 fights and Velasquez has been beating bitches down.

Wanderlei Silva beats Michael Bisping. These guys will go toe to toe and bang it out and I think Silva lands some heavy shots. Bisping looked like a turd against Henderson. He's got heart for sure but I think Silva gets him in the clinch and lands some knees to the face.

Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos. I dont know much about Sotiropoulos. I know Stevenson has come grenades in his fists but he never seems to connect on the big shots. I think Joe's experience against great opponents gets him through this. He doesnt have a great track record against good submission artists so i'm a little on the fence here. If Sotiropoulos softens him up with strikes he may flail an arm out there and get caught.

Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader. Jardine does have a funky style and I think he chops this dude down with kicks. Bader has never really impressed me in the 2 times i've seen him fight. Hes a good striker so I think Jardine will counter that with the legs. Jardine has a pretty good record against good stikers and hes fought some great ones (Liddell, Jackson, Griffin). Jardine gets the win.

Mirko Filipović vs. Ben Rothwell - Both are veterans. CroCop can keep his size at bay with the kicks I think. If it comes to punches I think Rothwell has the advantage. CroCop should be able to destroy his legs with some inside leg kicks so Rothwell wont be able to get in tight enough. Im going with CroCop. If he loses hes done.

Big Nog is a great fighter but I'm think Cain V. will put him to sleep . Silva I hope puts Bisping to sleep just like Hendo did . I think Silva has his stamina back . when he dropped down to 185 he had a hard time with the cut , now it seems like he is on track .

Speeking of Hendo anyone know who he will be fighting now he is on Team Strikeforce ? I wont even comment on the Walker/Conseco sideshow .

On a side note did any catch the lee/smith fight on Strikeforce ? That had to be one of the best comeback fight I have seen in awhile .

Do we have a small crew that would be interested in going to a BW3 somewhere to watch the fights? I have been posting for years, but i dont know any of you unless we have done a buy/sell transaction.

I have tried to get something together but all people do is bitch that it is on x side of town and I won't drive there.

If my place was big enough I would have a UFC Party for every PPV.