t-10 in a fox?

windsor86

i have been on an endless search to find a good tranny to be able to shift at 7000. i found a t 10 tranny and i wanted to know how hard the swap would be into my 86 fox,

i understand that i may have to change the clutch for the different spline and the yoke, but im worried about crossmember, drivshaft length, speedo gear, bellhousing, ect.ect.

any input could be helpful, thanks

nick

thought you was going to g force your t-5...thing would shift like butter even at 7k

yea and its still an option, im just exploring more options, a built t 10 with v gate shifter would be badass too, any experience with this or advice?

you could get a t-10 in early 60's fords and shelby gt350's so the bellhousing is around

an easier route in a ford if you want a 4 speed is a top loader the foxbody is pretty tight in the tunnel so you'd probably need to run a hydraulic throwout bearing on either one..

Guest Removed

david kee is the shit.now lets compare apples with apples shall we.but those are not BUILT prices, just rebuilt. i spoke with him a while back about building a top loader to withstand the abuse of my motor at the strip. it was close to 3800 with bullet proof race parts in it. and that was just the trans.

granted a fully built g force trans with case will run about 2500-2700 with a broken t-5 core

with either trans you would still need a shifter, bell, flywheel, clutch and so on

lets get down to the real question here. what do you plan on doing with the car, and how much power do you plan on making with this new motor, and how fast do you plan on going? yes you can put any trans behind it you want to. but it would take more to fit the t-10. and priced new even, your looking around 2k and up. and from the sounds of it, that may not be enough to handle what your going to throw at it

So like I said a top loader for his motor I'm assumeing you're not gonna have 1000 ft lbs would be cheaper so that is apples to apples not bullet proof to bullet proof

Unless he gonna do a twin turbo 357 then might as well do a auto

im planning on a built 351, yates heads ect. ect. nitrous motor. this is in a few years, i just dont want to do this search ( for a new tranny) again. might as well do it right the first time. already have a bullet proof rear end. so just wanna get the drivetrain set, then build the motor