PS3 Apocalypse

Rally Pat

Having used all 3 controllers (both PS3 controllers and the 360) I def have to give the nod to the 360 controller. That thing is comfortable.

I don't think so. I really think the only controller more comfortable then a PS2/3 controller is an old NES controller. I just love how long a PS3 controller goes on one full charge. Has to be 3 times more then with the normal recharge packs for a 360 controller.

People dogging the PS3 controller for NOT having AA batteries???!!! The controller stays charged for a long time; I can't imagine there being a complaint about it. Far better than the X-box contoller IMO.

Has nothing to do with AA batteries, I don't use AA batteries in my 360 controller. You don't have to use AA's ... but you can in a pinch. Which with the link below you will never need to. Yes that is a million times better than the non user-swappable battery in the PS3 controller. Though they do keep a nice long charge.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Quick-Charge-Kit/dp/B000EYF88G/ref=dp_cp_ob_vg_title_1

I don't think so. I really think the only controller more comfortable then a PS2/3 controller is an old NES controller. I just love how long a PS3 controller goes on one full charge. Has to be 3 times more then with the normal recharge packs for a 360 controller.

This is pure subjectivity but I do prefer the stick placement of the 360 by far. Again the PS3 controller does seem to stay charged quite a while compared to a 360 controller, but with the above charge station its never really an issue cause it takes 2 seconds to swap battery packs, which is way nicer for my setup than using a long USB cord. Ofcourse I could get the PS3 controller charger station, but I'd need to buy another controller first.

I like the feel of both controllers, but prefer the PS one cause its smaller and plugs right into the ps3 if you want to recharge it without buying any add-ons.

I did go home last night and fired up the PS3. It signed right into the network but I did notice that the date said 2/28/2010. So I manually changed it and played some MW2 without any problems.

I like the feel of both controllers, but prefer the PS one cause its smaller and plugs right into the ps3 if you want to recharge it without buying any add-ons.

I did go home last night and fired up the PS3. It signed right into the network but I did notice that the date said 2/28/2010. So I manually changed it and played some MW2 without any problems.

I didn't have any issues either. Woot.

Has to be 3 times more then with the normal recharge packs for a 360 controller.

Really? I've had some crazy long gaming sessions or periods of time where the controller will be on for several hours at a time as I'm doing other stuff and gaming at the same time... I'd say 6-7 hours being the longest. And the little battery meter never goes below 2 bars (out of 4) for me. Lots of 18-21 hour gaming sessions there on the PS3? lol

Yeah its fixed

although some of my trophies are glitched now, some werent recovered and I havent been able to re-earn them

this has only been on one game that I tried playing before I knew there was an issue, so thankfully no other games were affected.

Really? I've had some crazy long gaming sessions or periods of time where the controller will be on for several hours at a time as I'm doing other stuff and gaming at the same time... I'd say 6-7 hours being the longest. And the little battery meter never goes below 2 bars (out of 4) for me. Lots of 18-21 hour gaming sessions there on the PS3? lol

Well I can do that on my xbox but more like 2-3 days of PS3 gaming before I need a recharge.

Your hands must be tiny. The 360 controller does feel a lot more comfortable than the ps3 one but that's sheer size and design. The ps3 controller DOES last a hell of a lot longer than my rechargable 360 battery does, but honestly that's just splitting hairs with me as you can plug them both in and not really worry about it if need be.

I have a ps3 that has a messed up bluray drive that I need to fix and its a fat one also, hopefully this bug won't screw me...

Must be all those years of playing PSX and PS2 that I love the controller. I even have a converter to use my ps2 controller on my PC for PC games.

Ironically I have killed my ps2 lasers and my old huge PSX still works.

Must be all those years of playing PSX and PS2 that I love the controller. I even have a converter to use my ps2 controller on my PC for PC games.

Ironically I have killed my ps2 lasers and my old huge PSX still works.

You can connect the PS3 controller also, I messed with it one day and got it working.