This is racing?

Science Abuse

http://motorsports.fanhouse.com/2010/03/07/nascar-has-to-draw-the-line/?ncid=webmaildl4

Fucking pathetic.

The problem there is the "rubbing is racing" metality of NASCAR. Not that he was racing, but he wrecked the guy because the cars are designed to wreck. He actually thought he could spin a car at 180mph and nothing bad would happen. Start peeling back safety features, let the bad drivers get killed, should turn NASCAR into real racing again.

http://motorsports.fanhouse.com/2010/03/07/nascar-has-to-draw-the-line/?ncid=webmaildl4

Fucking pathetic.

The problem there is the "rubbing is racing" metality of NASCAR. Not that he was racing, but he wrecked the guy because the cars are designed to wreck. He actually thought he could spin a car at 180mph and nothing bad would happen. Start peeling back safety features, let the bad drivers get killed, should turn NASCAR into real racing again.

Dirt Track racing this would not have been an issue. That and those stupid wings on the car really have made this problem worse.

Carl is a dickhead. Id sit him out a few races.

Both of them are meatheads and don't know how to move people without causing mass fail.

Dirt Track racing this would not have been an issue. That and those stupid wings on the car really have made this problem worse.

It wouldn't be an issue on Dirt because they're barely going half the speed. You can indeed see the rear win lift up when his car comes around, but it's not the wings fault he went airborn; Its the fault of the jacka ss who spun him. Race cars aren't designed to go backwards.

Both of them are meatheads and don't know how to move people without causing mass fail.

It's the "moving people" thing that makes NASCAR "racing" bullshit. If you can't get around a car without hitting them, you're a hack driver.

Racing is about skill, strategy, and precision driving. Hitting shit that won't move over for you is childish video game BS.... Like Spec Miata. :p

People still consider Nascar ... racing ?

How is it not racing?

Open wheel racers leave IRL, F1, etc to come to Nascar and get the shit beat out of them. The only notable is Juan Montoya, and even he cannot produce very consistent top 10 finishes.

It wouldn't be an issue on Dirt because they're barely going half the speed. You can indeed see the rear win lift up when his car comes around, but it's not the wings fault he went airborn; Its the fault of the jacka ss who spun him. Race cars aren't designed to go backwards.

It's the "moving people" thing that makes NASCAR "racing" bullshit. If you can't get around a car without hitting them, you're a hack driver.

Racing is about skill, strategy, and precision driving. Hitting shit that won't move over for you is childish video game BS.... Like Spec Miata. :p

You are right it was a tard move at almost 200mph and race cars are not supposed to go backward.

I love superlate model dirt track racing because of the beating and banging. Sprint cars are where the skilled drivers are. They do it without the hacking and in cars that drive like a pissed off gokart on meth.

The whole NASCAR vs F1 vs open wheel is not a good debate. They beat and bang in closed wheel on road but for some reason nobody ever cries foul...

How is it not racing?

Uhhhh ... if an article about a "sport" ... starts like this.

NASCAR told its drivers to "have at it" this season. After all, what's a little bumping and heavy banging in the name of television ratings, improved attendance and high marks on fan surveys, right?

Then no, I don't consider that racing.

And for all the "Open Wheel Drivers come to Nascar ..." I hear, when was the last time a Nascar driver moved over to F1 ?

Uhhhh ... if an article about a "sport" ... starts like this.

Fans and racers alike claimed Nascar was regulating too tightly, making the scope of the car too cookie cutter, too narrow of regulation, too many new rules. So they respond by opening it up a little by allowing passing under the yellow line, allow bumping, etc.

Now dickheads like Carl Edwards take it way too far. Maybe he didnt expect that result but shit if you are intending to get back at someone, save it for a short track or something.

The same reason Nascar is dominating IRL is the same reason boxing is going to disappear in the shaddow of the UFC. Its more interesting to watch.

Fans and racers alike claimed Nascar was regulating too tightly, making the scope of the car too cookie cutter, too narrow of regulation, too many new rules. So they respond by opening it up a little by allowing passing under the yellow line, allow bumping, etc.

Now dickheads like Carl Edwards take it way too far. Maybe he didnt expect that result but shit if you are intending to get back at someone, save it for a short track or something.

The same reason Nascar is dominating IRL is the same reason boxing is going to disappear in the shaddow of the UFC. Its more interesting to watch.

"Getting back at someone" sounds more like a soap opera, than a sport to me. I'm not really an IRL fan either, but more "interesting" doesn't make it racing.

We should agree to disagree though. ;)

I have been a Nascar fan since Tony Stewart came from open wheel racing, you forgot about him Gabe. Anyways Carl wasnt trying to move him, he was down 175 laps or so. Oh and if you think that was way out of control then you are probably the guys that hat fighting in hockey right?

edit: I do say that Carl was way out of control but still.

I have been a Nascar fan since Tony Stewart came from open wheel racing, you forgot about him Gabe. Anyways Carl wasnt trying to move him, he was down 175 laps or so. Oh and if you think that was way out of control then you are probably the guys that hat fighting in hockey right?

I'm not a huge hockey fan, but I really like the fighting. I never said I didn't like to watch Nascar drivers crash did I ? Hell I masturbate to it, I just don't call it racing.

I'm not a huge hockey fan, but I really like the fighting. I never said I didn't like to watch Nascar drivers crash did I ? Hell I masturbate to it, I just don't call it racing.

We can agree to disagree, that's fine.

I haven't watched any races this year, but the races are a long, fast, battle of attrition through wrecks, and failed equipment. There definitely is a science to it, and skill is involved. I call it a sport.

We can agree to disagree, that's fine.

I haven't watched any races this year, but the races are a long, fast, battle of attrition through wrecks, and failed equipment. There definitely is a science to it, and skill is involved. I call it a sport.

agreed. Im not a JJ fan but that man hows won 3 titles in a row how is that not skill? What makes it a sport is how all the cars are pretty much even and it takes a real driver skill to finish in the top 10 and when races.

It's entertainment disguised as a sport.

How is it not racing?

Open wheel racers leave IRL, F1, etc to come to Nascar and get the shit beat out of them.

With fast and fragile cars, you develop faster and more skilled drivers because they *can't* hit eachother without putting both cars out. When you pound that "don't hit shit" mentality into their brains for so long, it's a tough habbit to break. They're slower partly because they don't hit people.... and partly because they got *demoted* to NASCAR because they suck. It's a different environment all together. JPM does as well as he does because he straight don't give a fuck, he showed that in F1... that's why he wasn't welcome there anymore. He broke a lot of very expensive cars. Win consistency is also up to your team as much as anything else.

But you see, that doesn't adress the complaints. It's stil a spec-racer group, gear to ward bumching cars up for dramatic "passing" and more dramatic crashing.

IRL sucks balls, plain and simple. You will not find me defending that in any way. ;) The reason it sicks and is so boring? They're trying to apply the NASCAR model to cars that explode when they touch eachother. Tony is forgetting that it's not racing that puts asses in the seats at NASCAR events, it's "drama".

If you can't get around a car without hitting them, you're a hack driver.

+1

Rubbin's Racin' is just a excuse for poor driving. If you can't pass someone without bumping them out of the way, then they are the better driver and you don't deserve the position.

Rubbing is racing but not to the extent that Karl took it too. Think about it, he could have killed someone either on the race track or in the stands. What is it going to take to stop crap like this, a death? Not sure if you all remember what Karl did to Dale Jr. at Michigan, when Karl got wrecked drove down pit lane and smashed into Dale during the yellow flag lap. I understand pay back, but not to that extent. I say after the race, go beat his ass, I bet that won't happen again if that would of happened?

+1

Rubbin's Racin' is just a excuse for poor driving. If you can't pass someone without bumping them out of the way, then they are the better driver and you don't deserve the position.

Hell, they may not be the better driver. They may be some looser that's a lap-down because they suck... you still have to get by them without contact.

Rubbing is racing but not to the extent that Karl took it too.

Wasn't even "rubin is racing", they weren't on the same lap. That guy is a bitch, and should not have a competition liscense if he can't control himself. His team manager should fire him for wrecking equipment.

But none of that is going to happen, because it puts asses in the seats, just like the Colosseum. I've actually had a NASCAR provisional Liscense a couple of times... any idea what I had to do/prove to get one?