Just wondering

BikerBoy

Your bike is worth whatever someone will pay vs. what you're willing to accept for it. That's the definition of "market value".

The true value / worth of something isn't known until a transaction takes place. And even then, the value of the object is only applicable to the two transacting parties.

I got $1700 for an '89 VTR 250 (~9K miles) in Sept '08. Just depends though - there is actually a "clique" for the VTR 250, so I found a forum site for that bike and a guy from cleveland came down to mansfield and we traded $$$/title in the parking lot of McD's :) I wouldn't have gotten that much from CL though - probably $1200-$1500 tops.

250's can be tough to get rid of, especially with a lot of them up there that are newer than yours. Price point will have to be the way you seperate your ride from the rest.

Yep! Is that where you unloaded your hurricane?

:lol: No, the guy came up to my house to get it...all the way from Frazeysburg.

I just grew up in Mansfield, so I used to eat at the McDonalds a lot when my grandma used to live in that area of town. That hill looks awful big when you're 5-6 yrs old.

ok now here is what happened :p

I've posted a craiglist ad for my bike

1998 250 red in color , i believe alot of you have seen the picture i've posted

it's almost mint , great tires , muzzy exahst black windsheild and only 4100 miles

anyway i made an Ad for 1900$ " just a test " and actually someone replied , saying that they are gonna come and check the bike today ...

what do you think ? should i sell it ? and if i did what can i get for 1900 ?

I love bikes and not gonna stay long without 1

so advices requested plz

Thanks

p.s i know it's up to me in the last position but as you guys are more experienced motorbikes owners i need your advices , thanks

Edited by BikerBoy

Your bike is worth whatever someone will pay vs. what you're willing to accept for it. That's the definition of "market value".

The true value / worth of something isn't known until a transaction takes place. And even then, the value of the object is only applicable to the two transacting parties.

+1

it's almost mint , great tires , muzzy exahst black windsheild and only 4100 miles

anyway i made an Ad for 1900$ " just a test " and actually someone replied , saying that they are gonna come and check the bike today ...

so advices requested plz

Thanks

p.s i know it's up to me in the last position but as you guys are more experienced motorbikes owners i need your advices , thanks

sell it for that kinda money in a heartbeat!

What's KBB?

How about I cut you a check for $4000... and you keep what the bike is worth to you, and send me back the rest? I currently live in the UK and have been wanting to export one of these fine <insert bike model> machines. I will take care of shipping through my trusted preferred carrier.

so advices requested plz

Thanks

If the guy shows up, I would make sure you have another bike lined up, sometimes we do things without thinking and regret our decision later, if you like the bike keep it,if you want to upgrade look for something first, you can find good ole 90's model 600cc sportbikes regularly on C/L for 1000 to 2000 some junk some excellent bikes, but don't sell it if you have a doubt.And be ware of C/L people they like to try and beat you down when they get there, IF THEY EVEN SHOW UP!!!!

I sold my 98 Ninja 250 last summer, it had like 12k miles then or something like that, needed a rear tire pretty bad, but was in nice shape. A kid came all the way from Buffalo to buy it for $1700. I had bought it the previous summer with like 3k less miles and brand new tires, for $1400 - it's all about being a smart seller, and finding the person who is looking for exactly what you have. It was a very nice bike that really had 0 issues and it wasn't hard to sell at all.