Droid rooters

87GT

So I played around with my phone a lot last night and finally settled on ChevyNo1's Simply Stunning 2.0.3 mod. Also already having the shutter sound turned off when making a picture was a huge selling point.

So what do you guys have running? Why are you running it and why is it better then the other options?

bugless beast ese53 with i think adamz 1.1ghz kernel. Also using HelixLauncher 1.1 (get it, its the sex)

May try reloading kernel tonight to see if I can get wifi working again. Maybe give chevys another try, it used to send me into a reboot loop.

I only got stuck in an endless reboot loop(SS) when I didn't wipe my device before loading the new image.

What is HelixLauncher and why should I use it?

Eh, Helix doesn't really add enough to be interesting IMO. if you want the 100% clean look on your home scree, maybe. :confused:

How can I make my left most screen the home screen? If I am in any other desktop screen other then the middle one, and I hit the home key to moves to the middle.

Any ideas?

its supposed to? heh. Maybe move what you got on your left most screen to the middle..

Anyways, having the spots for 4 apps across all screens on helix is just a time saver, and makes my main screen look much nicer. I've been trying to "redecorate" my main screen though lol

How can I make my left most screen the home screen?

I remember that aHome will let you choose which screen you want to make your homescreen, and you can also give them names. It's in the market.

Fucking Droid roms have some gay ass names...bugless beast, simply stunning, super sassy :gay:

Sounds like "helix" has the Nexus launcher.

any screen shots or info?

http://alldroid.org/threads/16267-RELEASE-Simply-Stunning-2.0.3-1.2Ghz-ESE53-2.1-%283-14-2010%29-New-Patchers!

Everything seems to run better, like the icon & % battery icon on the status bar. Just seems everything fits better for me at least. Personally the best rom I've used thus far.

Yeah it seems simply stunning has the best battery life. And I am overclocked to 1.2Ghz right now. No FC or problems booting. I would say it runs faster then droidmod which I had first... but that was only at 800Mhz.

Helix did FC a few times since I installed it. But it is so random and I can't reproduce it.

Yeah it seems simply stunning has the best battery life. And I am overclocked to 1.2Ghz right now. No FC or problems booting. I would say it runs faster then droidmod which I had first... but that was only at 800Mhz.

Helix did FC a few times since I installed it. But it is so random and I can't reproduce it.

Did you install the latest from the market or download from the site? 1.1 from the site has never closed on me, I couldn't get the latest to work at all.

+1

SS Battery life @ 1.2 is amazing, better than the old 800mhz kernel. If you read, this rom includes chevy's new "tweaked" kernels which didn't need any voltage tweaks until 1100mhz. It runs cooler and faster than ever.

Alright how about this? I posted it on droidforums and ChevyNo1 doesn't know what is wrong. Copy and pasted from there...

I have noticed after installing 2.0.3 when I use my volume control and hit down to go to vibrate it turns on the silent option. If I go into settings then sound and display and remove the check box for silent mode it turns off vibrate mode and goes back to audio when getting sms and such.

It vibrates the phone when I set it, it says vibrate in middle of screen, and even puts the vibrate icon in the top task bar. But then I go into settings and silent mode is selected. Removing the check puts it back to audio mode at about the lowest audio setting.

If this helps this is what my phone shows

Firmware 2.1

Kernel version 2.6.29-omap1-gb5cd919-dirty chevyno1@unbuntu #97

Build number ChevyNo1 -> Simply Stunning v.2.0.3 ESE53 [3/14/2010]

Alright how about this? I posted it on droidforums and ChevyNo1 doesn't know what is wrong. Copy and pasted from there...

I have noticed after installing 2.0.3 when I use my volume control and hit down to go to vibrate it turns on the silent option. If I go into settings then sound and display and remove the check box for silent mode it turns off vibrate mode and goes back to audio when getting sms and such.

It vibrates the phone when I set it, it says vibrate in middle of screen, and even puts the vibrate icon in the top task bar. But then I go into settings and silent mode is selected. Removing the check puts it back to audio mode at about the lowest audio setting.

Firmware 2.1

Bugless Beast .8 ;)

(.9 is coming out shortly)

Firmware 2.1

Alot of issues result from apps. I assume when you installed this you did a wipe of data/& cache partitions ?

Might just start over and see if it works fresh for you, then install your apps carefully.

Alot of issues result from apps. I assume when you installed this you did a wipe of data/& cache partitions ?

Might just start over and see if it works fresh for you, then install your apps carefully.

Actually I didn't then I got stuck in a reboot loop. Then I wiped everything and that was the only way SS would load. So yes to answer your question. Kind of upset it is impossible to make my phone go to vibrate mode. TAKES AWAY ALL TEH FUN IN MAH PANTS. Plz help me.