Droid rooters

87GT

Bugless Beast .8 ;)

(.9 is coming out shortly)

Question for you. Google maps released a new update today but it gives me an error when updating. ChevyNo1 did make a fix for this but I am just curious if you were able to update maps on Bugless Beast.

Question for you. Google maps released a new update today but it gives me an error when updating. ChevyNo1 did make a fix for this but I am just curious if you were able to update maps on Bugless Beast.

Downloaded and installed just fine for me.

If I can't figure out how to use vibrate after tonight I will install bugless beast. It better have great battery life like SS does.

On light use battery life only dropped 30% over 28 hours for me. I'm happy with BB, I feel confident that my battery wont just drain away in my pocket.

On light use battery life only dropped 30% over 28 hours for me. I'm happy with BB, I feel confident that my battery wont just drain away in my pocket.

Did you have anything extra turned on like gps or bluetooth or a bright screen?

Did you have anything extra turned on like gps or bluetooth or a bright screen?

Nope. Bright screen maybe. Wasn't a whole bunch going on during that period besides texting, some phone calls, and maybe a little showing off. It still is reasonable with moderate to heavy use if you set the clocks down a bit.

So I installed Bugless Beast V0.8 and I have the same problem. I can't understand why. Maybe people are not understanding what I want to happen. All I want my phone to do is vibrate and not make audio when anything happens. Seriously how can this phone not vibrate when I get a phone call, text or whatever when I set audio all the way down and turn on vibrate? Any other dumb phone I've had you set it to vibrate and it turns off the ringer and vibrates.

Maybe this is a motorola quirk? Still with such a "smart" and advanced phone a primitive option like vibrating should work.

Ok so if I go into my messaging app, then go into settings, then scroll all the way down there is a vibrate option. Same option exist if I go into settings in my e-mail accounts. I tested this and it makes the phone vibrate even if I have the ringers turned on.

I guess this is a google programing issue. If so they failed hardcore. Maybe there is an app somewhere that will globally turn off all sounds and turn on vibrate instead, BUT reverse it when I wish?

So I installed Bugless Beast V0.8 and I have the same problem. I can't understand why. Maybe people are not understanding what I want to happen. All I want my phone to do is vibrate and not make audio when anything happens. Seriously how can this phone not vibrate when I get a phone call, text or whatever when I set audio all the way down and turn on vibrate? Any other dumb phone I've had you set it to vibrate and it turns off the ringer and vibrates.

Maybe this is a motorola quirk? Still with such a "smart" and advanced phone a primitive option like vibrating should work.

Sell your droid and go buy something simpler.

No I am able to reproduce it on another motorola droid. Maybe your Eris doesn't have the problem.

I don't have an eris you retard, and I don't have said problem.

When my phone is on vibrate, calls and text messages only vibrate.

You DO have to remember that "media" sounds don't count towards this..things like IM/other processes that may induce sound will continue to go off.

I don't have an eris you retard, and I don't have said problem.

When my phone is on vibrate, calls and text messages only vibrate.

You DO have to remember that "media" sounds don't count towards this..things like IM/other processes that may induce sound will continue to go off.

The reason I posted was because when I am on vibrate mode phone calls AND SMS do not vibrate. All that happens with SMS is the green light flashes. With calls it displays on the screen as normal but no vibrate and no sound.

I can go into settings in SMS and turn on the far bottom option "also vibrate when notified" but this only vibrates when sound is turned on.

I just downloaded an app called volume control. I got it to vibrate now on calls but SMS still doesn't vibrate. Even when I turn on the vibrate option in the volume control app.

I give up on this. If it is on vibrate and I throw my phone in my pocket I will only know when I get a call.

do you have a third party sms app/widget installed?

Oh, and silent mode is supposed to be silent. Vibrate mode is for vibrate. :p

None. I am using "Messaging" that came with the phone. It is a green dialog box with a smiley face.