fixed the coolant leak, now HIDs done!

Hoblick

got my coolant leak fixed (stupid old thermostat), and got the bike back together. so i go the rest of my goodies on, new windscreen and HID kit... and got some bags for the long hauls as well!

just need to order my new grips, and when my new seat covers come in from luimoto ill be sending the seats out to "a great day to ride" (finally a comfy ride)

anyways.......

i ordered the HID kit from DDM tuning aka apexcone (BMW guys supposedly rave about them)

didnt take long for the kit to arrive, and was shipped, and packaged well. install was pretty straight forward, and simple as well. just had to find a place for the ballast.

i got a H7 5000k slim ballast kit. these things look great, takes only a few seconds for them to fully heat up, and they are very bright! and look great in the stock projector housings.

here is where i put the ballast at. behind the speedo. stuck great with the supplied double sided tape that came in the kit. my windscreen covers them up so you cant see them after the windscreen is on.

SL370672.jpg

SL370673.jpg

i had to drill a hole in the plastic dust cover for the wires to come through. the harness for the HID lights came with a nice rubber weather proof grommet to fit nicely in the hole you drill. all the other connecters are weather proof as well. the air duct covers, cover what little mess of wires there are up, and makes for a nice clean install.

SL370674.jpg

here is a pics of just the low beam on..

SL370697-1.jpg

and here is with low/hi on..

SL370698-1.jpg

front shot of both headlights on

SL370701.jpg

and a few more pics for enjoyment

SL370710.jpg

SL370712.jpg

SL370714.jpg

and why not throw in a pic of the new zero gravity double bubble windscreen

SL370708.jpg

ready for the big trips now!

SL370669.jpg

yeah i absolutely love the HID kit. especially in the stock projector housing. i put a set in my friend 99 r6 and they looked good, but the beam was scattered alot with regular housings.

ill have progress pics of his bike up at some point. we are redoing the whole bike, new paint, chain sprocket, windscreen, hid lights, undertail, blah blah blah... lol

Looks nice. I've been thinking about HID's for my R6, but I've been waiting to see it done on a bike before I try it. Did you switch the projectors around so that both sides have hi/lo beam bulbs in them?

nope... i thought about doing the dual headlight mod, but i dont want to take my headlight apart

Nice work and lights look good. You sent your seats to get padded and recovered?

yes

im gonna post a review after my seats get done. i have heard a ton of good things about.. a great day to ride (company, or really one guy in florida)

he does your seat custom to you, weight, height, riding style etc. uses a medical grade type gel thing, not really a gel pad, its called supracor, and he uses foamex as well. doesnt use your factory foam at all.. he uses the stock seat pan and thats it (well and the stock cover if your not replacing it it with something else) he designs he seat to take the pressure off your knees, wrists, and pressure points in your ass. but the seat still retains stock shape.

that coupled with the luimoto seat covers im gonna be in heaven.

and for what he charges to have a custom seat built to you, its about a hundred or so less than a corbin.. and form what i hear his seats are better than a corbin or sargeant

very nice. i was just looking at hid kits last night. same temp i want too.

i dont have projectors though, does it matter?

what kind of bags are those?

with no projector housings your gonna have a scattered light beam, alot of people dont care, cause they are still brighter, but the person driving, or riding towards you might lol.

ill get some pics of my buddy's 99 r6 with his HIDs on at night. so you can judge for yourself.

and the bags are tourmaster coretech, tribag system (tail bag, and saddlebags)

how much with your "kit" plus the HID's?

i've always thought about doing this. I just got the PIAA super whites and they are pretty good, although i'd still like them to be better. and i've been reading up on another board someone with a 99 converting his carbs to FI. wouldn't that be something... if his deal works i may pursue that as well and dump the whole idea of getting a new bike...

i've always thought about doing this. I just got the PIAA super whites and they are pretty good, although i'd still like them to be better. and i've been reading up on another board someone with a 99 converting his carbs to FI. wouldn't that be something... if his deal works i may pursue that as well and dump the whole idea of getting a new bike...

no idea, havent even started to look into pricing stuff out for projectors and materials. if my buddy decides to do it, then ill have a list of stuff you need, and ill probably do a "how to" write up

when i did my hid conversion, it cost me about $80 for everything

how do you figure you can mod the first gens to take projector lights?

looks really good dude very nice!

which grips did you decide on? I just put Driven grips on mine and they are "very nice" - borat voice lol

I like the looks of alot of Drivens stuff.

I think theyre gonna get alot of moullah from me for my Z.

http://moto-madness.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=26

is it possible to have a hi/lo combo with HID's? or is it one bulb per function?

If its the latter, would that mean your friends 99-02 R6 has a more "modern" look with the cyclops light as a low beam and both on for the high?

Also would I be able to use a Hi and Lo projector off a 03-05 R6 and retrofit it into the 99? What all is involved with retrofitting?

is it possible to have a hi/lo combo with HID's? or is it one bulb per function?

If its the latter, would that mean your friends 99-02 R6 has a more "modern" look with the cyclops light as a low beam and both on for the high?

Also would I be able to use a Hi and Lo projector off a 03-05 R6 and retrofit it into the 99? What all is involved with retrofitting?

On the Busa it's one ballast/bulb for hi and one for low