McLeod products...

tristanlee85

Has anyone worked directly with McLeod for products or just go through distributors? I've been in a buy-in for a twin-disc now for about a year. We were promised the clutches would be done buy the end of April last year, but I'm wondering if they have even cared to try to make something fit. It's a little out of my hands since they live in Cali and it's not my engine and transmission they are using for mock-up. I've never heard of this company up until last year when we all put money down. I'm just curious to know what opinions other have as far as reputation and quality of products... It's really kind of a last resort as far as a clutch that will hold power and last a while. ACT is as good as it gets in the Saturn world, but the 6 puck doesn't last so long if you're making over 300whp. I've managed to get about 20k out of my clutch, but it slips at about 5psi now.

Guest Removed

McLeod is a big name, but a small company. fox body guys waited a while for the cable to hydro setup they have for our cars now.

i would hope that some one is staying on top of this. but im not sure on the whole ordeal you guy may have drawn up with them. who is dealing with McLeod ?

One of the guys in Cali took their engine and transmission to their shop so they can mock everything up for us. However, the guy in charge of the whole buy-in is in FL and just isn't so much on top of it. I plan on giving them (McLeod) a call tomorrow and see if they can give me any updates. I guess hearing that they are a big name is reassuring. It'd just be nice for this to be done soon so I won't have to blow more money on a ACT disc again. Blah.

Guest Removed

well, i almost wonder if dude in fl is sitting on the money or if there is something else afoot here.

but if a few of you are in on this, and have money out....way has it takin this long for someone to call McLeod directly?

11 of us have put 50% down for this clutch, and he has offered to give me my share back if I really needed it. I would prefer it to go toward this any way. I know the guy personally even though he is 17 hours away, but sometimes your closest friends are the robbers...