05 malibu possible bad motor

Reed44

My friends girlfriends malibu started running like crap. so i hooked up my scanner and found cylinders 3 and 4 dead. i didnt have awhole lot of tools with me but i checked for fuel, and compression. compression was 180-170-150-150. I told him to go pick up a coil pack for since these go bad on these ecotecs and 3 and 4 was dead. prior to this he said the motor was knocking before it got real bad and wouldnt run on two cylinders. i didnt get to hear it so i figured it was just the engine making noises from only running on 2 cylinders. well he went and got another coil pack set up and it still barley ran but made it to my house. said it was knocking real bad and it will barley even turn over if it does. battery will have plenty of juice but it will just click or maybe get 1-3 turnovers sometimes. i personaly havent seen problems like this with these motors and before i tell him the motor is poop, i figure i would get a second opinion

Guest Removed

the compression your giving us isnt going to make it miss fire that bad. 150 is lower then the others, but plenty for it to run correctly. sure it didnt just flood the 2 holes?

you need to spend a little more time checking the basic's (i know your bad about this) :p

i know it wont make it miss fire but getting the compression test done let me know the condition of the engine. the dead cylinders where the ones at 150. i think they where just washed down with gas. im going to do more testing this weekend on it, just wanted to see what you guys thought about it since i dont ever see issues like this with these motors. and its the 2.2 ecotech not the quad 4 2.4 which your thinking about dave

update* Its getting 50psi of fuel, spark on all 4 coils, good compression and still runs like garbage. ran for like 3 seconds then wouldnt restart. sounds like its backfiring coming from the intake. car only has 76k on it. i have no clue whats wrong