5.0 running bad

Stimmel1647545512

Took the valve covers and upper intake off cleaned some stuff up cleaned and oiled the k&n put everything back the way it was except with new gasket and cleaner

today i drove it for the first time since and at first idle it seems to idle around 400prm instead of the usual 900 or so and it sounds like it has a nice cam which is doesnt

crusing speed and acceleration are fine as well as performance my first thought was vaccum leak but i went over everyhting twice it all seems good the iac and tps and egr are all plugged in and i just backed it into the garage and the exhaust seems to smell a bit rich

any ideas?

could the k&N oil of got soaked on the maf ?

lower could be leaking like johns was :p

i didnt take the lower off i just took the upper and the valve covers off but i guess thats what i get for taking something apart that didnt have a problem in the first place i was just bored

i guess ill take the upper intake back off im fucking pumped for that SIKE

ill clean the maf first tho

Check your fuel pump, injectors. Also how long has it been since you've changed your plugs and wires? Also what kind of ignition are you running? If stock, how many miles are on it. And are there any metal shavings inside? Does the car have a rough idle when you cold start it? Or can you turn it on and it just idles a little high? If it does idle like crap I'd mess around with the iac sob. It's been a while since I've had a fox but I remember having to move that sob around slightly to get more or less voltage for something. lol, can't remember what it was for but it's the cylinder guy right on the throttle body on the top side. There is one screw and you get loosen it and adjust it slightly. Just make sure you check the voltage while your doing it or you could just make it worse.

i didnt take the lower off i just took the upper and the valve covers off but i guess thats what i get for taking something apart that didnt have a problem in the first place i was just bored

i guess ill take the upper intake back off im fucking pumped for that SIKE

ill clean the maf first tho

If you're that bored come help me drop mine in thursday and we'll look at yours.

i dunno what the deal is the inital start up in the moring the car stalls but it sounds like someone installed a cam when i wasnt looking and the car runs flawlessley other than the stalling and i know this makes no sense but it seems to have a little more power im confused

I'm also thinking vacuum leak. Is it converted to Mass Air? If you have a small leak somewhere in the intake tube or intake manifold (or anything downstream of the MAF) you're pulling in unmetered air which can cause it to surge like that.

If it's still SD, bad MAP sensor? or maybe still just a leak causing weak vaccum signal to the MAP? Just thinking out loud.