2002 Buick Regal LS Electrical problem?

KStang3.8

Its my dad's car, here's his description of the problems:

"At first, the heater fan only worked on high. If I tried another setting, it would not work and if I turned it back to high, then that would not work either. As long as I left it on high, it worked most of time. Cruise control only worked once in a while. The “CRUISE” light on the dashboard flickered off and on. The rear defogger worked more than the cruise control, but it frequently did not work either. Over time, the heater fan worked less and less. There was one four day spell when it didn’t work at all. At times, “pumping” the temperature sliders up and down or pumping the fan speed control off and on caused it to start working again – on high only.

Took it to a car repair place, everything worked fine. They didn’t do anything, but it worked just fine for

about a week then it failed. A/C currently not working.

Also, the rear driver side window has stopped working."

My diagnosis is a possible electrical problem. They read some internet article talking about software plug ins, but that doesn't really sound like the problem to me.

What do you all think?

Thanks,

-Kevin

what does that mean lol? blower is the resistor, do you mean blower as in supercharger? his is not the supercharged model.

For the past 40 years GM has been so smart they used a bad setup to regulate the speed of the heater fan (blower). You will find a set of resistors near the fan, it will be on the passenger side of the car. Figure out the resistor that is bad with a VOM and replace the bad one.

Guest Removed
For the past 40 years GM has been so smart they used a bad setup to regulate the speed of the heater fan (blower). You will find a set of resistors near the fan, it will be on the passenger side of the car. Figure out the resistor that is bad with a VOM and replace the bad one.

there is one resistor to replace...not several. granted there are several resistors in the assm.