Buying one...

Scotty2Hotty

Waste of money, IMO.

I thought the same thing until I looked more into it. Ambi-selector switch/mag release, gas piston operated, no rear charging handle, and not to mention the initial design and most the furniture is all Magpul. I REALLY want to fire one, but from what I've been told, once I get my hands on it I'll want it. Question is, will it be availible in the multi-caliber configuration that it was initially designed for. Or do I have to wait for the Masood to come out. (7.62X51mm version of the Masada aka ACR)

PS- I have a few AR's, just want a new toy in the vault. :cool: Would like to have an AAC can at the end of my barrel though.

It's nice, but it's not OMFG have to have it. And it's still a Bushmaster so I wasn't chomping at the bit for it. I do believe they cost way too much money for what it actually is, but many manufacturers are doing it right now.

Yeah, I would pay the $900 that SHOULD cost, but it really isn't much different than a $600 AR with a piston kit and less room for modification. F that. Especially since AIM is trying to get $2300 or whatever for them. That's like buying an $80k dollar mustang.

Yeah, I would pay the $900 that SHOULD cost, but it really isn't much different than a $600 AR with a piston kit and less room for modification. F that. Especially since AIM is trying to get $2300 or whatever for them. That's like buying an $80k dollar mustang.

There's a little more to it than that if you've actually read the conception to the production. I'm all about rifles that serve a purpose, not to mention the only thing AR about the rifle is the barrel, part of the bolt, and the fact it accepts M16/AR15 magazines. Don't get me wrong, I just bought an LWRC (in which I'll pick up in September), but I've been following this rifle ever since I found out about it. Personally, I need no reason to justify in it your eyes, but I bet I could bring the ACR out here to Afghanistan, and it would run like a champ.

BTW, the FR500C Mustang is $125K, but it is an all out race car for a fraction of most Le Mans cars. It too was built for a purpose, yet I guess a $5K with a few modifications equates to the same thing.

There's a little more to it than that if you've actually read the conception to the production. I'm all about rifles that serve a purpose, not to mention the only thing AR about the rifle is the barrel, part of the bolt, and the fact it accepts M16/AR15 magazines. Don't get me wrong, I just bought an LWRC (in which I'll pick up in September), but I've been following this rifle ever since I found out about it. Personally, I need no reason to justify in it your eyes, but I bet I could bring the ACR out here to Afghanistan, and it would run like a champ.

BTW, the FR500C Mustang is $125K, but it is an all out race car for a fraction of most Le Mans cars. It too was built for a purpose, yet I guess a $5K with a few modifications equates to the same thing.

It's worth it to you, not to me. When they fall to the $1000-$1200 range like the 556 did, I'll consider. Right now, it's just the "new hot thing." I'd be a lot more interested in the .30cal version, but not for >$1200.