some one explain this to me...

pontiacfreak142

I really dont understand how some one can even attempt to defend toyota right now with all of this crap coming out. For instance, have talked to several people either in person or on other forums that will give you every excuse in the book, hell i even had one person try to say that this just makes them a better company for standing up and taking care of the problem (even though they were forced to after hiding it for almost 4 years. I understand there is the whole brand loyalty thing, but that only goes so far. Im a big gm loyalist, but if they had a problem like this, id never drive another one again. I just dont think i could live with myself if i knowingly continued to drive a car that could become an out of control killing machine randomly.

I hate to tell you but ALL companies that build cars have issues like this. I am willing to bet that they know there will be an issue and just let it roll based on how bad it is. The fix is typically in the form of a recall.

Toyota just happens to have a very bad issue.

eh, hell no lol

Let's look at GM. The take a government handout because they are incapable of correctly running their own business. So by purchasing their vehicles you are basically saying, fuck personal accountability.

http://www.safetyforum.com/gmft/

Which is worse. 30 years of hiding a design flaw known to cause multiple deaths, or the accelerator issue which just weeds us of dumb fucks who don't know how to drive. GM covered this up because it was cheaper by a few dollars per incident to not change their design flaw.

I can see what you wouldn't buy a Toyota, you would be one of the sheep who would be calling 911 asking them what to do right before you crashed into the wall. Personal accountability is to fucking much... We can't be expected to know how to operate the vehicles we are licensed to drive!!

Ford isn't guilt free either. Though I have much more respect for them for not taking a government handout.

http://www.firestone-tire-recall.com/pages/overview.html

So which car would you rather be driving. The two that you can't control if they have a failure or the one where you can?

Every auto manufacturer is going to experience design/manufacturing issues. Don't be a retard and buy into the media hype over whats going on with Toyota right now. Government Motors, Ford and the others have had their fair share as well.

H

Let's look at GM. The take a government handout because they are incapable of correctly running their own business. So by purchasing their vehicles you are basically saying, fuck personal accountability.

http://www.safetyforum.com/gmft/

Which is worse. 30 years of hiding a design flaw known to cause multiple deaths, or the accelerator issue which just weeds us of dumb fucks who don't know how to drive. GM covered this up because it was cheaper by a few dollars per incident to not change their design flaw.

I can see what you wouldn't buy a Toyota, you would be one of the sheep who would be calling 911 asking them what to do right before you crashed into the wall. Personal accountability is to fucking much... We can't be expected to know how to operate the vehicles we are licensed to drive!!

Ford isn't guilt free either. Though I have much more respect for them for not taking a government handout.

http://www.firestone-tire-recall.com/pages/overview.html

So which car would you rather be driving. The two that you can't control if they have a failure or the one where you can?

Every auto manufacturer is going to experience design/manufacturing issues. Don't be a retard and buy into the media hype over whats going on with Toyota right now. Government Motors, Ford and the others have had their fair share as well.

H

/thread

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2009/04/recall-alert-15-million-gm-vehicles.html

OMG, I don't understand how anybody could drive a GM vehicle!

I love how they make it seem some serious. Even though it has to be the third blue moon of the year in chinese calendar while slaying an elephant in India while juggling a few babies off a Berlin balcony to get this to happen. PLEASE!

Buy American.

What constitutes American? The Silvaerado/Camaro made in Canada? The Honda made in Marysville? The Tacoma made in California?

It's a global economy now. It's not so cut and dry. Who's jobs are you trying to help? The assembly line works, or the executives?

H

• Upvote 1

What constitutes American? The Silvaerado/Camaro made in Canada? The Honda made in Marysville? The Tacoma made in California?

It's a global economy now. It's not so cut and dry. Who's jobs are you trying to help? The assembly line works, or the executives?

H

Another home run Howie, you ate your oatmeal today.

H

Exactly. Is there really even any vehicle that is 100% made in America?

Guest Removed
enough of them.

enough of them = what % of the cars are having a KNOWN issue..

like the prius driver that pulled the fake crap, or the truck owner that drove into the dealership. dont even tally those 2

hell toyota can't duplicate the issue from my under standing!