Saiga 12 922r compliance

04r1

AGP mags count as 3 U.S. parts. It's been awhile since I've looked into S12's and 922r compliance, but IIRC, that plus your other PG conversion parts more than makes it compliant.

As for someone who can do it, it's really not that hard to do. I've got my 2nd S12 sitting here in pieces that I've been meaning to convert. I just need to get off my ass and do it. Anyone with moderate welding skills could probably do it.

What all are you wanting done?

I know the magic number is 10 with the sks and 922r. You have to change at least 10 parts that's on the 'list' of approved parts to change per the B.A.T.F.E. Changing to a US magazine counts as 3 parts like Austin said. The gov counts the magazine shell, follower and bottom plate.

This stock would help you get there but it's not a folder.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/sai-tacstk.aspx

The magic rule is 10 foreign parts or less. A factory S12 has 14 foreign parts but is exempt from 922r because it's considered a 'sporting firearm'. You go slapping a 10rd mag in it and they no longer consider it a 'sporting firearm'. Same goes for adding a PG; it's no longer a SF.

So you decide you want to convert one into a 'non-sporting firearm'; you'll need 5 U.S made parts to be legal.

-A pistol grip does NOT count towards your count

-A Buttstock is compliant

-Trigger is compliant (you'll need one for the conversion)

-A 10rd. mag = 3 parts

So long as you run 10rd. mags in it, you'd be perfectly legal. Swap in a factory foreign 5rd. mag, and you'd need 3 more parts to get legit.

-a gas puck is an easy and cheap one

-I can't remember if the Tapco G2 trigger group comes with the hammer and disconnector, but if it does, those count as an additional 2 parts.

-An aftermarket forearm is another.

Anyways, as you can see, it's extremely easy to be compliant when converting one. If you have any more questions, let me know.

I know the magic number is 10 with the sks and 922r. You have to change at least 10 parts that's on the 'list' of approved parts to change per the B.A.T.F.E. Changing to a US magazine counts as 3 parts like Austin said. The gov counts the magazine shell, follower and bottom plate.

This stock would help you get there but it's not a folder.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/sai-tacstk.aspx

Truly, they only really count if you get in trouble with it. The local sherrifs hardly ever know what's going on... However, it is best to be safe.:cool: