SRT4 owners chime in...

cinergi

Looking at an 04 SRT4 with these upgrades:

"lsd, 17psi, stage 2, injen cai, bov, wastgate, straight 3" pipe with downpipe and o2 deletes... "

61K miles...

Short on time or I would research this myself.

Have you been happy with them? Any issues with the vehicle? I'd use it for a daily probably through the summer and then sell it off.

Thoughts?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at an 04 SRT4 with these upgrades:

"lsd, 17psi, stage 2, injen cai, bov, wastgate, straight 3" pipe with downpipe and o2 deletes... "

61K miles...

Short on time or I would research this myself.

Have you been happy with them? Any issues with the vehicle? I'd use it for a daily probably through the summer and then sell it off.

Thoughts?

Lsd came stock on the 04 an 05. 17 psi is nice but up it to spike 22 an hold 18 an that car will fly..

The way it sits throw an ebay fmic on it an it'll hit 12 easy (I have a similia setup an ill hit 12.50s this year.)

I get 28 mpg...

An the cars got 100k an I've beat the living shit out of it since 31k an its still rollin.

Its a really great dd as its my dd. Ull get the flack from people for it being a neon... an they will hate all day but shut up reallll quick when u beat em. Ha

Also these cars handle awesome for what they are. I autox it an it does very very well. I've got the viper replica seats(hope urs has them) an they hold u nice an tight. Around corners.

Leme know if u have any speicifc quiestions

U can also ask antown( he had a 500hp one)

Also flybye had a nasty one as well

Looking for maintenance requirements. Thanks for the information thus far!

Mainenance... I went 60k on plugs an all was fine just make sure the filter was clean an u put in decent gas. Sunoco 94 or shell 93

Other then that my wheel bearings went out after 90k but normal wear an tear for a 100 " mile car.

Honestly haven't had a single issue as long as u keep up with it.(ill be first to say I don't keep up with it an it still suns flawlessly

)

If u want to dreive around in one ur moere then welcome to drive mine

After a MR2 Turbo and a WRX? An SRT is going to feel like a turd lol.

They are fun for about 2 seconds IMO. I drove one on a fairly often basis and it was entertaining, but I would not own one. 95% of them are beat to hell (sorry Paul).

It'll be a fourth of fifth car. The value of it will be higher than the car I am trading off.

Yeah, I have had a lot of turbo'd vehicles so it might be a bit slower but probably still gets great mpg which is what I am more or less looking for at the moment.

I'll have a high 12 second SR20 car finished up shortly when I want to tear up the asphalt.

Paul, do you have a 6 puck clutch in your car?

After a MR2 Turbo and a WRX? An SRT is going to feel like a turd lol.

They are fun for about 2 seconds IMO. I drove one on a fairly often basis and it was entertaining, but I would not own one. 95% of them are beat to hell (sorry Paul).

I beg to differ ice drive both a mr2 an a wrx an both feel like turds compard to a srt.

It'll be a fourth of fifth car. The value of it will be higher than the car I am trading off.

Yeah, I have had a lot of turbo'd vehicles so it might be a bit slower but probably still gets great mpg which is what I am more or less looking for at the moment.

I'll have a high 12 second SR20 car finished up shortly when I want to tear up the asphalt.

Paul, do you have a 6 puck clutch in your car?

Gas milage is. Good 28+

No on the 6 puck at the level of performance u would be putting a stock will be more then sufficient.

I've got less then 400$ in mods an my cars a mid 12 second car. Add a fmic to ur setup an ull hit 12s....way faster then a mr2 or wrx..

Well, we're kind of off track with trying to be faster or even compare a WRX or MR2 here... That's not the reason for this car.

Thank you for the info. I was worried about the timing belt, but I see it's 100K mile.

Any info on why the sub frame bushings or bolts would come loose? Torque steer? Didn't know if this was common or not but I have heard of this issue on SRT4's before.

Well, we're kind of off track with trying to be faster or even compare a WRX or MR2 here... That's not the reason for this car.

Thank you for the info. I was worried about the timing belt, but I see it's 100K mile.

Any info on why the sub frame bushings or bolts would come loose? Torque steer? Didn't know if this was common or not but I have heard of this issue on SRT4's before.

Tq steer can get agressive untill u put in some motor mount inserts(25$) an that takes care of wheel hop an tq steer.

Never heard of any issues with saub frame bushings coming loose?

MR2's are bad ass cars. So much potential being a mid engine rear wheel drive car. And the same with a wrx. AWD ftw. You can do simple mods to either of those two just the same you can with a SRT4.

KSTang, you need to be quiet. You havent driven either so stfu.

Also, id like to hear more about these 400 dollar mods you have that gave you a mid 12's car. I dont buy it. Maybe 400 in mods and 800 in tires. Ill believe that. Because the only way your pulling 12s is by a good et or good 60'. And aint no way your pulling a good et on 400 bucks.

MR2's are bad ass cars. So much potential being a mid engine rear wheel drive car. And the same with a wrx. AWD ftw. You can do simple mods to either of those two just the same you can with a SRT4.

Also, id like to hear more about these 400 dollar mods you have that gave you a mid 12's car. I dont buy it. Maybe 400 in mods and 800 in tires. Ill believe that. Because the only way your pulling 12s is by a good et or good 60'. And aint no way your pulling a good et on 400 bucks.

U can check it at the trackl day.. used dp ebay fmci. Adjustable waste gate bring it

Also this is on fuzuon hri shitty street tires.

I remember when I was running 12.5x's? on Antwon's slicks. Which were setup for a 500whp car and only had maybe 8psi in them. At the time I had demodded my car for a new setup. So I only had a wastegate, cheap FMIC, mapclamp and 3inch cutout DP (around $600 in power mods). My best on street tires that day was a 12.9x. I remember the day well because I had a half full n2o bottle a ran the same times on spray lol. Just higher traps....I couldn't get it in 3rd if I remember correctly?

i've driven a WRX and an SRT-4, but not an MR2. The stock SRT-4 pulled waaaaaay harder than the WRX. I've ridden in both several times as well. Hell i beat a lightly modded WRX with a bad driver in my shitstang, a WRX even with a bad driver should beat my car.

don't just call out my name and think you know shit about me. I didn't say anything to you so you don't need to run your mouth at me.

btw his SRT-4 would rape your gayass DSM.

• Upvote 1

Just because you think i post stupid threads doesn't mean that you know me.

Kid thought i don't know about SRT-4's and WRXs. I actually happen to know a lot about them. I'm choosing to only post about stuff i know about. This i have lots of knowledge about, thus i posted.

@Jones and Just2Sweet

Do you think what i posted about is erroneous or misguided in any way?

just posting my personal experience with the cars.

Just because you think i post stupid threads doesn't mean that you know me.

Kid thought i don't know about SRT-4's and WRXs. I actually happen to know a lot about them. I'm choosing to only post about stuff i know about. This i have lots of knowledge about, thus i posted.

@Jones and Just2Sweet

http://memegenerator.net/Foul-Bachelor-Frog/ImageMacro/881036/Foul-Bachelor-Frog-Have-38-Stang-Know-ALL.jpg

@Jones and Just2Sweet

Nah man you're fine, I just thought the comment you made about his car was funny