20k miles maintenance...

SRTurbo04

Well my 03 yamaha yzf600r is at 20500 miles.. bought the bike with 4200 an. Regretably I haven't done preety much any work on it since I've owned it except new tires an lube the chain every few thousand miles. :(

Edit: an of course I do the normal oilchanges

Any recomendation on what I should do to the bike at this level of miles.

All it has is a vance an hines slip on an I've had it on the dyno an the a/f is preety much spot on wooo 88.7hp 42.7 tq weeeeee

The bikes been great still gets 60mpg an rides perfect.

Also the bike is a turrrddd looking at getting a set of sprockets for it. Any recomendation. For more bottom end power. But keep in mind I daily this in the summer 50 miles on the highway so don't want to lose a ton of mpg.

At 20k I would check valves, fork seals, oil change, check the air filter-clean it if nessary(sp?) Check for any grease point's and grease em--probably one on the swingarm, a new set of plugs would be good but not nessary, check the wear on the sprockets-(might be worn), go over all the bolts and make sure there tight and torqued, fuel filter, clean and regrease your axles and wheel bearings, check brake pads, not mu h I can think of.

As far as aftermarket sprockets going down one In The countershaft sprocket would be might first move, and cheapest. Then anywhere from +1 to +5 in the rear

Josh thanks man I'm gonna look over it all this. Month

Mine's an 02 with 6000 miles on it, guess you ride a little more than me haha

Wow... I've got a 07 (bought new in 08) vstar with 7k miles too. Dude u need to get out an ride ur bike!