Opinions Please(Shadow or Sportster)

Artmageddon

Opinion: I forget which years for which models that the new anti-vibration engine mounting design got going, but that's what you want. Nothing less. It's so much better that I got the impression that people were selling off the old style and quickly buying the new style. Otherwise you're trading one problem for another. Massive numbing road vibration. There's a reason that Harleys don't cruise far or fast. Vibration.

The Honda has rigid mounting, but I don't find vibration to be that much of problem. I can typically ride for a few hours without noticing it, and very rarely do I get numb.

Any Harley after 2004 has a rubber mounted engine, I've looked into that.

First... you're a douche.

Second... I think the OP should keep the bike he has' date=' address the highway riding with some proper gearing and save/keep his money. You'll be surprised at what a few teeth on a sprocket will do for you, up or down. I'd give this recession a bit of time before dropping any serious coin on a newer ride. But, that's just me and I'm not you.[/quote']

harleys suck ass. period.:fruit:

First... you're a douche.

I agree. I've heard all the Harley crap before, that's not why I posted the question. I just wanted to bounce some ideas on the forum and help me confirm that I wanted to keep the Shadow.

If you would have read the whole thread, you would have seen that, Dude.

I agree. I've heard all the Harley crap before, that's not why I posted the question. I just wanted to bounce some ideas on the forum and help me confirm that I wanted to keep the Shadow.

If you would have read the whole thread, you would have seen that, Dude.

im just saying most would agree with what i said, a sportster is for a lady..:o

im just saying most would agree with what i said, a sportster is for a lady..:o

Thanks for turning an intelligent thread into a joke. I had a serious question, and wanted some real opinions(which I got, thanks!). Repeating garbage that has been talked to death does not make you cool, it makes you an out-of date asshole.

Sportsters Suck Ass.... There is no way I would give up the Honda for a Sportster they are way too top heavy, ride like shit, handle like shit, oh and have that horrible HD engineering. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of the Hardley shit. You would be much happier with doing some upgrades to your Honda or looking for a bigger one. I know several people with newer Harldeys that are regretting the purchase and some others that traded their Hardley in for a "Jap" cruiser and are much happier. If you really truly do want a Hardley do yourself a favor and buy something other than a Sportster.

sportsters suck ass.... There is no way i would give up the honda for a sportster they are way too top heavy, ride like shit, handle like shit, oh and have that horrible hd engineering. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of the hardley shit. You would be much happier with doing some upgrades to your honda or looking for a bigger one. I know several people with newer harldeys that are regretting the purchase and some others that traded their hardley in for a "jap" cruiser and are much happier. If you really truly do want a hardley do yourself a favor and buy something other than a sportster.

+100

i think you made a good choice i have ridden a hd1200 and they are fun but again personal preference i could never justify footing the cost of a hd.

now as to recent HD quality i have met a man who rode his hd everyday and ended up putting so many miles on it HD bought it back from him to display in the HD museum. it was some insane miles he was retired and rode it coast to coast on a weekly basis the only work ever done to the bike was a rebuild at 250000 mile otherwise just the usual maitnace

now since then what he has been riding a.........

Burgman 650 says he loves it comfy and easy to ride.

I obviously have a 1200 HD and love it so far. I have had a Honda Shadow VLX, and an '82 Yamaha 550 Maxim. IMHO you made the best choice for you and your situation. There will be plenty of 1200 Sportsters, especially with the trade in program HD is doing. Do some mods and enjoy what you have. The ONLY reason(s) I got rid of the '82 550 was because of longer distance riding, power, and 2 up riding. Man I loved that bike.