F/S Remmington 770 High Power rifle with Scope

Evolved8

Up for sale is my Remmington 770 .243 rifle with 9x zoom scope. This thing shoots awesome and its DEADLY accurate. I bought it new for a pretty penny at cabela's. (I know it was a good ammount more there then at vances.) I have maybe put 100 rds through it.

Comes with Orig. Box papers lock and 100 rds or Winchester which are $20 a box. ($100 value)

Price: $350

(the SKS and the AR not included lol)

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k198/projectturboex/0220002114.jpg

did you properly season the barrel when you shot it? Is that winchester ammo the only kind of round that have been through it? Is it a Simmons scope? What mm is the bell?

On a side note, i would throw this up on gunbroker.com The only reason i say this is because .243 is mainly a deer round and we cant use rifles in ohio to hunt them. It is really just a target gun here, but to someone outside of Ohio it might be more desirable.

did you properly season the barrel when you shot it? Is that winchester ammo the only kind of round that have been through it? Is it a Simmons scope? What mm is the bell?

On a side note, i would throw this up on gunbroker.com The only reason i say this is because .243 is mainly a deer round and we cant use rifles in ohio to hunt them. It is really just a target gun here, but to someone outside of Ohio it might be more desirable.

Actually .243 is a great all around round. It's actually kind of small for Deer, but it works, it's best suited for varmint and coyotes.

I'm always curious to hear peoples opinion on this subject. Explain your method.

Actually .243 is a great all around round. It's actually kind of small for Deer, but it works, it's best suited for varmint and coyotes.

not if you wanna save the pelts! I shot my first coyote with a Savage .243 then sold it cause it made too big of an exit (im sitting here looking at it, just a tad smaller that a baseball). Now im a big 22-250 guy when it comes to critters.

Oh and on seasoning the barrel, obviously everyone has different ways of doing it and i'm sure you're convinced there is no other way but yours. I just wanna know if it was every taken into consideration. Its kinda important...

not if you wanna save the pelts! I shot my first coyote with a Savage .243 then sold it cause it made too big of an exit (im sitting here looking at it, just a tad smaller that a baseball). Now im a big 22-250 guy when it comes to critters.

Oh and on seasoning the barrel, obviously everyone has different ways of doing it and i'm sure you're convinced there is no other way but yours. I just wanna know if it was every taken into consideration. Its kinda important...

a lot of guys use 80 grain HP and don't have any exit wound problems. It's all about the right load.

I'm just curious as to what the 'proper' way is?

Just an FYI, most of the top barrel manufacturers feel that the Majority's theory behind 'seasoning a barrel' is complete and utter horseshit. Most people do the barrel more harm, than good, when they attempt to 'season the barrel.'

a lot of guys use 80 grain HP and don't have any exit wound problems. It's all about the right load.

i was using a Hornady round with a ballistic tip, so yeah, it ripped a nice hole at 120 yards. Thats why the .22-250 is perfect for me.

To Austin : I learned to shoot from a few friends that are military (marines, rangers) snipers. I also learned to take care of a gun from the same guys. I would take their real world experience of how to keep a precision rifle accurate over some boopa fudgepie in an Winchester corporate building.

Back to the sale, Steve did you do anything even related to seasoning the barrel in the first 100 shots or so?

i was using a Hornady round with a ballistic tip, so yeah, it ripped a nice hole at 120 yards. Thats why the .22-250 is perfect for me.

To Austin : I learned to shoot from a few friends that are military (marines, rangers) snipers. I also learned to take care of a gun from the same guys. I would take their real world experience of how to keep a precision rifle accurate over some boopa fudgepie in an Winchester corporate building.

Back to the sale, Steve did you do anything even related to seasoning the barrel in the first 100 shots or so?

n/m

Edited by RedRocket

From personal experience .22-250 (with the right load) made a world of a difference when it came to keeping a pelt in 1 piece not to mention it's much more useful to me.That's all i have, experience. I'm not dogging on the .243. I kinda wanna buy this gun, but just don't know what I would use it for...