Android software on the iphone (cant wait for the droid people to come in here)

justinwebb

http://linuxoniphone.blogspot.com/2010/04/ive-been-working-on-this-quietly-in.html

interesting stuff, kinda curious to see how this turns out, it will be like a iphone and a droid had a child.....but then what will kickass bitch about :p

yes its just the beginning stages so it looks like hell and no the droid isnt better neither is the iphone so lets not turn it into a debate.

That would be pretty sweet to dual boot like that. But idk if I'd want to jump right in with my 3gs. I'd probably just buy a 2g that I wouldn't care to break.

It does seem like the lack of buttons will cause some issues though. And that is running SUPER slow. Obviously it's still in development though.

I bet it would run like a beast on the 3GS, I really can't wait to see what comes of this. Especially now that he has come out with it, developers are going to be jumping up all over the place to help him crank out a more polished release, probably for every iPhone OS device.

lol

Nothing. Combines the smooth, slick looks of the iphone, with the awesomeness of android.

If this was available before the nexus one came out, I'd rock it.

i was amazed when i read that haha

ipod touch + android + google voice = Steve Jobs sack punch

He needs to get 2.1 on there, but that probably wont run on anything but a 3GS at mediocre speeds.

and i also thought about the whole speed issue as the cpu is much slower, but i wonder if we would now be able to overclock and the things you guys are able to do? and dare i say the possibility of FLASH haha

i am interested in it cause i see good things with both software platforms and a hybirid would be awesome

He says in the video he's running a seperate kernel behind Android to clean up any memory leaks, so that's hogging up CPU power which makes it run pretty slow. I think this is awesome though, I wouldn't mind giving it a try on my 3G once a finalized version comes out.

Yeah I've been reading up on this. It is all on demonoid if you want to download the files to do it on your iPhone. But still this is more of a reason to get everyone on fucking linux because it runs everything.

Yeah I've been reading up on this. It is all on demonoid if you want to download the files to do it on your iPhone. But still this is more of a reason to get everyone on fucking linux because it runs everything.

link?? i looked and didnt see it ill give it a go

EDIT: think i found it but its only for 2g iphone sad day

This is so awesome to watch unfold. So many developers have signed on to help already, and they are getting organized immediately. Even George Hotz aka Geohot aka The blackra1n guy helped out and there is already a third revision of the iPhone Android software. The first version only installed on iPhone 2G's that were jailbroken with PwnageTool, the latest works on blackra1n ones too.