2.3 to 5.0 conversion Carburated

SausageKing

For you wiring gurus out there.

I'm trying to wire up the harness to accept the ALT, and starter.

On the starter solenoid mounte on the fender I have power wire from the Battery,ALT,starter, yellow power wire and a lil silver box??? On the opposite post Im runing the starter signal wire.

On the top "S" terminal of the fender mount starter solenoid im runing the Ign wire.

My problem is Im not getting any power to the other post side (starter signal) when turning key in the "start position"

Is this even right? or is there a better easier way?

Can anyone help me out. or can come out to my shop to help me. (Reynoldsburg)

Can call my cell Jimmy 614 795-8541.

Edited by SausageKing
info

one big post of the starter solenoid gets main power from the battery, also on this post can be the yellow wire to the alt.(all the time power)

the other big post gets the main power wire ran to the starter.

the top small terminal with get ignition power while in the crank position only.

not sure what silver box you're talking about though/

one big post of the starter solenoid gets main power from the battery, also on this post can be the yellow wire to the alt.(all the time power)

the other big post gets the main power wire ran to the starter.

the top small terminal with get ignition power while in the crank position only.

not sure what silver box you're talking about though/

thats how I have it.

switched out solenoids. Now I have constant 12 v to all 3 posts w/ key in the off position WTF?

a wht/pnk wire is the wire you want.. goes from ignition cylinder to neutral safety switch. which you need to bypass. the wire coming out of the neutral switch that you want to connect to the wht/pnk is red/lt blue... rd/ lt blue then goes onto the stater solenoid small terminal.

you might be wired right you just need to find and bypass/ splice the neutral switch wiring... btw the car will start in gear.