verizon people

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

is there anyone here that works at a store activating phones etc?

verizon made this new policy requiring a 9.99 data package on most of their phones now

i know it has nothing to do with the phone requiring it like the smartphones...

can anyone help me get around this?

my girl has an env2 thats a piece of shit, so i got her an envtouch off of CL, since i used to have one without a data package, i thought she could too....well as of jan 18th they wont let it....they said they could activate it for me for free since i used to have one, but not for her since she didnt

can anyone bypass this for me please and active her phone without adding the data package?

Guest tbutera2112
Yeah they do that "so people dont get random charges" i was fucking pissed when i found out about this bullshit. We just got 20 bucks added to our bill every month for my phone and my moms

yea they did this because of people who arent responsible with their phones...

i actually read that the reason they did this is because people were racking up too much data usage without knowing it then refusing to pay it because they didnt believe they were liable...its some BS, shes got a phone now thats going to shit (env2) and shes going to be forced to downgrade to a shitty samsung intensity if she wants to keep her keyboard

Theres no way around it unless its a warranty replacement for a phone you had before it became required. I hate it too. You can thank those idiots that let their kids use their phones to rack up $10,000 bills and jumped ship. I think it would have been smarter to build in a $50 data cap for pay as you go people instead of making it required.

Guest tbutera2112
so brian....if something was to happen to her env2, like an accidental hammer or something....could we claim insurance on it and get the replacement? im assuming it would be an env3 since the env2 isnt being sold anymore (they upgraded me from gzone to boulder last time i claimed)....and if thats the case, she could use the env3 without the data plan right? or does it not work like that?

I heard about this too, pissed me off. I only pay $45 a month for my plan with unlimited txt. i don't need the stupid net on my phone. I waste enough of my life reading everyone's bullshit opinions with my home computer. I don't need that when I am out too :)