ELLO CR ptII

lexus005

the greddy 2571. so your saying basicly the kit i have the only parts useable are the turbo and bov if i go 2zz?

You could always upgrade the engine's internals such as, Cams, cam shafts, cam gears, Pistons , etc... more or less build up on the stock motor to handle a higher boost ratio. And 9/10 if you swap motors and try to assemble the old turbo to it. You may or may not have to change parts depending on how identicle the motor is.

Just find a 2zz motor online and compare it to the one in your car now. You will see what all you have to change in order to get the turbo kit to work on it.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, pretty sure they even make a motor mount kit to swap honda K-series in there which is an upgrade...

there a few mr2 guys who have it aswell but it costs around $8-10k

Want to race a Lexus?

always lol. i plan on going to pinks at norwalk and up to canada july 10-12 for a Lexus meet. there will be track and drag events. if your jelly bean can handle a road course you should come. i dont need a roll bar for some reason. there is a mr2 meet that same weekend up there.

check out my.is for details

the greddy 2571. so your saying basicly the kit i have the only parts useable are the turbo and bov if i go 2zz?

pretty much, the TB is bigger on the 2zz, and the layout is a little different than on the 1zz. They really are two completely different motors, it will probably be cheaper to just sell the kit to somebody as a whole and do a custom kit for the 2zz.