1998 Hondas CRV rust free-$1600 obo!

coltboostin

Hello all-

I live int he Great state of Ohio, where it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a title unless everything is perfect, the moons align, and there is a meteor shower that night. Cliffs of the story for this car-purchased car from old man who got into a wreck. Light hit-I drove the car on the trailer to take it home, drove around my neighborhood to check Drive train-ect. I put it under a tarp and forgot about it for the winter with plans to drive it come spring. Spring comes-and I cant fidn the damn title (which I never bothered to transfer!) I try to contact to guy to get a duplicate-no beans. A little research shows that he died over the winter!!!

I have jumped through all the hoops Ohio has asked-and they still wont release the title to me because I am 1)Not a shop 2)Not a storage facility, PERIOD. Im sick of trying, and dont have the time to part this car out. Sadly, I runs better than my other 2 CRV's and has less miles!

140k Auto, AWD.

Silver, light hit on the pass side front. Would need a fender, hood, headlight. All doors are mint, no rust on the car or chassis. Trans is flawless, motor is dead quiet. Interior is all there. Its still sitting under the tarp!

I will post pics soon if there is interest here! Car is located in Cleveland, Ohio.

• 2 weeks later...
I put it under a tarp and forgot about it for the winter with plans to drive it come spring. Spring comes-and I cant fidn the damn title (which I never bothered to transfer!) I try to contact to guy to get a duplicate-no beans. A little research shows that he died over the winter!!!

This sounds like what someone who was "scammin" on craigslist would write!!!

BUT, we know JP is credible. SO BUY HIS SHIT!

Guest Removed
I suppose I should offer $100 for assistance with getting the title! Rob? Phil? Anyone?! :)

you cant get a title very easy any more.... you have to let storage exceed the state's stated value. i have a pos that will have to sit for 16 months, at $25 a day inside storage in order for me to file a title, to even go scrap it. they changed the laws big time a while back. not so easy to get a title.

gl with this.... if you dont have a title, youre not going to get one.

you cant get a title very easy any more.... you have to let storage exceed the state's stated value. i have a pos that will have to sit for 16 months, at $25 a day inside storage in order for me to file a title, to even go scrap it. they changed the laws big time a while back. not so easy to get a title.

gl with this.... if you dont have a title, youre not going to get one.

Must be more easy in small towns, I just got one at the end of last year. Fillout all paper work, take papers to court house, they sign, put your reasons down with the bill of sale or impound fee blah blah, the letter has to be sent to last owner, (mark he passed away with some time of proof) if no reply the state issues you a tite. It took 20 days I just did this not even 4 months ago with out any issues. The old man said I could have the car if I did all the paper work, he just wanted it gone. He owns a tow truck company and had all the paper work at his shop. There also is some cost think it was 16$ for the process fee, then tite fee.

Guest Removed
Must be more easy in small towns, I just got one at the end of last year. Fillout all paper work, take papers to court house, they sign, put your reasons down with the bill of sale or impound fee blah blah, the letter has to be sent to last owner, (mark he passed away with some time of proof) if no reply the state issues you a tite. It took 20 days I just did this not even 4 months ago with out any issues. The old man said I could have the car if I did all the paper work, he just wanted it gone. He owns a tow truck company and had all the paper work at his shop. There also is some cost think it was 16$ for the process fee, then tite fee.

thats all been changed since the first of the year dude..gl

the state is now regulating tow companys.. i just tired thru mine... i havent tired it thru the shop yet tho... not sure what rules they changed for me :o

thats all been changed since the first of the year dude..gl

the state is now regulating tow companys.. i just tired thru mine... i havent tired it thru the shop yet tho... not sure what rules they changed for me :o

Oh I did not know it all changed, it was in dec that I did it, so it was more like 5 1/2 months ago. welp guess I could not be a help. It use to be freaken easy damn state always trying to make shit harder.

This sounds like what someone who was "scammin" on craigslist would write!!!

BUT, we know JP is credible. SO BUY HIS SHIT!

My man! I will be in the Cbus soon for Benni Banassi. You still down there?

Explain

Write a notarized letter to the BMV describing your title situation and they will send you a letter giving you permission to go downtown to common pleas court to stand before a judge. After you explain it to the judge he will grant you a court order title to your car. Thats what I'm currently doing with my 95 civic. Call the broad street location for more info.

or why not just find out who the executor of the guy's estate is??? It's not like the owner is just ignoring you. Just because he died doesn't mean that a stated person does not hold legal authority with the state of ohio over the title. do you have a bill of sale?