thinking of possibilities

kawi kid

Not often in the winter but quite a bit in the summer. I just don't feel like tossing on a bunch of layers to hide my gun. When I do open carry I use my Blackhawk CQC leather thumb break holster. I use it most of the time I carry because I like my gun to be on my side instead of under my arm or behind my back. There is no requirement for retention concerning holsters but I like some sort of lock whether it be a thumb break or a Serpa style holster. The thing you'll find about the Sigma is there isn't a lot of holsters made exclusevely for it. I had one but it took me a while to find it. If I can remember where I got it I'll let you know. It was a leather hip holster.

i have an uncle mikes hip holster with a thumb break for it now, but i have found a few in the cheaper than dirt mag that were sigma specific. i just havent got around to searching the brands and quality yet.

I'm looking into a good carry gun myself.

I got a p229 sig 40 s&w. It doesn't seem too fat or bulky, but it is heavy with the metal frame and all.

I think a walther in 380 would be good too, instead of some of the newer pieces ? But I like older guns ??

ok i see what you are saying now. slimness.

but what about the barrell length and comfort. is it easy to sit and stuff with a 1911 frame. i tend to think of them as being longer

Colt and springfield make a combat 1911a1, I think ? with a shorter barrell ? I forget what model they are ?

ok i see what you are saying now. slimness.

but what about the barrell length and comfort. is it easy to sit and stuff with a 1911 frame. i tend to think of them as being longer

Springfield EMP .40cal is my fav, pricey but these days I would take one over a Kimber. If you truly want to ball check out

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/handgun-index.asp