1991 lx 5.0 and a refresher on how I work

Guest 614Streets

Guest 614Streets

I tend not to ask people to come to me for jobs like oil changes , some front end work , absolutely no ac work other than parts swapping , exhaust work requiring any fabrication , no welding work other than minor mig.

Rather what I do is offer Clutch jobs , transmission replacements , headgasket and major engine work, as well as any minor engine work. I do offer wiring work and I employ a 15 year experianced stereo installer sublet if needed. Small jobs such as door handles , locks , window regulators , heater cores , brakes , etc are fine and I schedule for them.

General automotive repair with as always "free" trouble shooting.

My shop rate is 75 per hour per alldata shop rate hours has been for quite sometime. I am liecensed and fully insured. I am not here for anyone to ever feel they can borrow a tool or to use my shop for there own purposes. You would be suprised at the relationships I develop with the people I work with however.

I don't work for anybody but most people on CR know whats going on , know whats fair and when you talk to me and I have your car I have your best interests. With that said 1 man 1 shop I cannot and do not work high volume , fast paced work and meet my expectations of myself. Keep in mind if I have your car and you hired me to work for you , thats what I will be doing , that is my focus when I have it.

I deal commercially with Advanced auto in Hilliard and have developed a relationship with them. Body parts come from action crash/keystone (door handles etc) , foriegn parts come from the guys at International.

If I can't do it I can find you someone I trust who can , examples , fowlers , gearheadz , martin motorsports , Atlas automotive , Jim at Automotive & Truck Service , or Derrick at NTB, COL WELD , slowmotion , dyno brian , ips (tank) , carrs custom finishes , Clifford , and alot more

This is Jeff Bradys 1991 Mustang LX 5.0.

Job was billed at 1470 total with tax for a gt40 p head swap , e303 cam swap with cloyes chain , new timing cover , wp ,ps pump , ps pump lines , new condenser , motorsport headers , cobra intake , bbk tb , ign coil , smog delete.

Customer was first instructed to contact fowler engines off switzer ave near the airport to go tell chris and jeff I sent brady down to have his craigslist bought gt 40p heads checked , cleaned , 3angle , and spring matched for his e303 cam he had picked out.

Jeff dropped his car off along with the parts he had aquired and he had researched to be his personal choice for a combination that would work with his budget.

614streets problem solving. Now I know everyone wants something for nothing. Life is hard on men and women of all ages and sometimes when we first start out we make unwise choices when it comes to buying what we need for our cars. Craigslist is a cheap way to find parts I will agree , that is , if you buy body parts lol. As it turned out after putting the car back together I ran into a big problem.

The mustang would start up and run ok but try to drive it and it had no acceleration. Uh oh. What did I do wrong?

Time for thoose down feelings. No Hero day for me right? :(

What could be wrong? No power?

When I went to school at MMI I was taught all aspects of how to be a service technician for boats as well as how to deal with customers.

How would I call Jeff and tell him his car was put back together and now it had a problem that I would need to take some more time to figure out? Well I called Jeff and told him just that. Its never fun to tell a customer that news, but man are they at least thankful to know whats going on, right???? ("message" waynes brothers)

So there you have it , a customer who now shares the down feelings I have rubbed off on him.

No fuel no power right? What about timing both mechanical and ignition?

Do you really want to check mechanical timing at this point with a engine buttoned up?

Fuck no you don't talk about making yourself worry. I don't mess around I know thats right.

Check. Next.

How about ignition timing? Check. Double check , triple check. Next.

No power right? No fuel , no fuel no fuel.

Call Gearhead vent and relate, take a sunday off , why not the rest of the tax payers generally do.

Monday , (Will you know its a fuel problem but why?).

Fuel psi. Check.

Reminder from Gearheadz (tps set at .95? See whats up with these codes? "yeah check the codes man"...) Ok.

Hmmm. Pretty easy isnt it? Wait whats this MAF code. MAF low voltage?

Time to restart this engine , and lets pull some plugs. All of them.

Hmm no color or carbon at all.

Decision time. (wills brain , thoose fucking used craigslist injectors or that junk ass bbk MAF is coming off the car , now.)

20 minutes later with stock maf , and stock 19 lbers. Vrooom. Hmm feels pretty good. He should be happy with this power for about a week (needs a tune of course). Speed bug is what I would call this combination this customer picked out.

Anyways you see nothing is ever perfect. Now I could be a dick and say nobody brings any used parts for me to install , I dont want any problems. But the truth is was it the bbk maf or the cl 24 lbers.

Nevermind the fact the cutomers overdrive went out during the 24 hrs I put miles on the car to test it out and check for leaks and issues before the customer can pick up his car.

Call customer... Hey Will hows it going I get back in town late wed night is my car ready?

Its ready but theres a problem Jeff. Your overdrive went out when I drove it to get my lunch today. (My what! Well Im gonna sue you! , exit bad ,fake ending)

Real Customer response: oh , yeah before I brought it too you I felt it slipping , I added some no slip additive to the car awhile back havent had issues lately though. So the added Hp probably finally did it in huh?

Me: Yep , and the fluid was brown and smelled burned when I checked it.

Customer: Ok Mr. Finn well I found a built transmission on craigslist I went and checked out in Newark , it comes with a b&m shifter...... Could you put it in for me?

Me: Sure :)

Customer: So whats my total Mr. Finn?

Me: 1470 out the door?

Customer: I told you I was going to put your kids through college Mr. Finn. (see sig :) )

Anyways you guys see how this works. This is how it goes. This example is what happens for real , it goes down like this.

Don't be like Not Brian and going to Monroe expecting corporate america to fix your car like how you would fix it yourself...... But do go to them , as I am only one guy , and even I said I wasn't perfect. Those shops will tell you they are perfect though.

Anyways for the few , very few people that may come my way , this is a little transparency if you ever wondered what that 614streets general automotive repair sponsor logo was all about.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/131/l_f2ab4869fd5842d0aa6877ca8334c9fb.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/121/l_2ece785dd6b04dafbdd95edf7cd81f88.jpg

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/118/l_82fc5c5759a14cbaad16eab66b30daa6.jpg

These customer supllied vc's did not fit even with a 1/2 phenolic. :( They looked good too.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/144/l_c38d45a37b1d4fc89355f06a20aef16f.jpg

Notice how I asked customer if he would like things cleaned and painted before they went back on the car (brackets , pulleys , bolts , etc)

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/109/l_71872c45110548c69d26354f8b0ed55d.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/109/l_83ed8a2ee46f442789e5a9a852cd46e8.jpg

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/90/l_e6ec852b9fb34a00b3ccefed95ac7973.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/119/l_d1e1d0d40c1444eea5d93d2f4b34936c.jpg

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/89/l_d87bd7d81e164e32bdb2cc24d9342445.jpg

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/129/l_1c314247746d48f6af7c53fab9f64395.jpg

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/124/l_df92d0626bdb419e9636012aa4dadee2.jpg

Thanks for looking , William aka 614streets.

Guest Removed

HA i am putting those same valve cover on this vert here.. i could have told you those wouldnt fit..lol

good seeing you today btw. glad your open to advice to.;)

Guest 614Streets
HA i am putting those same valve cover on this vert here.. i could have told you those wouldnt fit..lol

good seeing you today btw. glad your open to advice to.;)

I was good to see you too thanks for letting me stop by the shop to bullshit and say Hi. Go easy on Doug , looks like a solid guy. Ihope so. Let me know if you get that lift. :)

Next time I will catch the message about calling Dana and I will actually pick up Lunch. HAHA.

Guest Removed
I was good to see you too thanks for letting me stop by the shop to bullshit and say Hi. Go easy on Doug , looks like a solid guy. Ihope so. Let me know if you get that lift. :)

Next time I will catch the message about calling Dana and I will actually pick up Lunch. HAHA.

Mr hero roman burger.....:nod:

but panda express is good to.:D

Guest 614Streets
Bump for you sir!

Bump for rob helping you

Bump for your awesome work on my rx7.

Bump this thread for 614streets LEGIT place for your car needs!

Thanks Shanton. You were one of the guys who called when I disappeared. If you ever have a chat with sam ask him what happened to me and my dog last year , its one of the reasons I wasnt anwsering many calls last summer. Thanks for the bump Shanton.

yup, will is a good honest guy.

he helped me out a couple of times, as well as my buddy.

and his brother paul is a great guy to.

those guys are straight shooters, and will get my business

and i tell everyone i know who needs some work done to go there as well.

you da man will!

When I went to school at MMI I was taught all aspects of how to be a service technician for boats as well as how to deal with customers.

:eek: Oh Really? ;)

I also worked with Will before he took his vacation. He is absolutely a stand up honest guy and I trust him with anything I have.

I am glad to see you back at it. Thanks for all the help in the past. :cool:

Guest 614Streets
:D no boats! Ever! I may have been trained for marine , but I left all that behind me after dad passed and I moved back to ohio. I will only do cars for as long as I live. Central Ohio is not the place for a marine mechanic , nor did I ever feel like spending 50 thousand on marine tools to handle marine by myself.

:D no boats! Ever! I may have been trained for marine , but I left all that behind me after dad passed and I moved back to ohio. I will only do cars for as long as I live. Central Ohio is not the place for a marine mechanic , nor did I ever feel like spending 50 thousand on marine tools to handle marine by myself.

:mad: Damn! I will just keep trying to talk Rob into working on them then!

:p Oh well, no worries. I am putting the stroker in this time myself and I let the machine shop build the short block (hopefully that doesn't bite me in the ass).