I despise an Upper Arlington cop

justinwebb

So story time about a police officer today:

I was driving to work just left the house was maybe 3 mins from home and my car breaks down i put on the flashers and get out and start pushing the car off to a side street so i wouldnt block traffic being the nice guy i am. I get it off to a side street to try to figure out what was going on when i look back and see a SUV cop just sitting there watching me. He had seen me push the car down the road then also try to start the car numerous times and pop the hood and what not. Mind you the whole time its raining.

Not a single offering of help to call a tow or see if all is ok. I stared right at him and gave him the look of WTF dude why are you just sitting there and he just drove away while staring right at me. After about 20 mins finally get the car going and drive back home so i can change and he is out hanging up some speed limit thing on a post that tells you what your speed is. I yelled some random obscenities to him and flipped him off cause what else could i really do lol

I find this to be horrible as what if it was my girlfriend or mom or someone broke down is the asshat just gonna sit there and watch? I figured he would come see what i was doing as my car is horrible looking and doesnt fit in well with UA at all but nothing.

I called the police dept to file a complaint and was told it was a Sergeant that was out in that truck and was told" nothing will be done since he is a Sergeant but i will speak to him" gee thanks i asked if its normal practice for them just to not help considering its what they are paid to do and he didnt like that.

/rant off

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for pretty much the entire month of april there were at least 2 moto cops and 2 freeway patrol cars stationed near the 270/71 interchange on the north side just catching speeders all day. despite seeing probably a dozen cars pulled over with people either looking under the hood or trying to change a tire, not once did i see a cop step aside from his assigned duty to help a single person, even when they were in plain view.

whether or not i was constantly harassed by cops in Boston, at least they understood the meaning of "protect and serve"

Fast Forward 2 Weeks:

"This asshole Upper Arlington cop (which I flipped off and cursed out) pulled me over FOR NO REASON AT ALL for a myriad of violations which I was knowingly commiting"

I am never in new albany so your hypothesis wont work, sorry bud

Reminds me of a time (many years ago) I got a flat tire. This Hilliard cop kept driving by as I was changing my tire, and the 3rd or 4th time he finally ended up pulling in behind me. He ran my plates, walked up next to me, and simply said "get rid of that license plate cover or I'll write you a ticket next time I see you." :lol:

He walked back to his car, got in, and drove off. Didn't seem to give a shit if I needed help or not.

Reminds me of a time (many years ago) I got a flat tire. This Hilliard cop kept driving by as I was changing my tire, and the 3rd or 4th time he finally ended up pulling in behind me. He ran my plates, walked up next to me, and simply said "get rid of that license plate cover or I'll write you a ticket next time I see you." :lol:

He walked back to his car, got in, and drove off. Didn't seem to give a shit if I needed help or not.

And people wonder why there is a lack of respect for the law. I know not all police are like this, but It only takes one................

Edited by Kurt B.

I've met both kinds. Two extreme examples/experiences:

Car broke down as I was pulling out of work late one night. Cop pulled up (with 0 zero traffic) and demanded I move the vehicle from the side of the road. He then proceeded to watch me from his car (perfect weather) try to push a car backwards, then right into a dip and up a hill into a parking lot. It took MUCH effort. Afterward, he wouldn't call anyoen for me and wouldn't let me contact anyone. Told me he'd give me a quarter to use a pay phone.

Another time, I was in a parking lot at night across the street from my buddies. We were both installing an intake on my car at the time but the stock box was being a bitch. A cop stopped by to check out the situation and ended up staying and helping us install the intake. lol

Yeah, they do really seem to vary. I've had super nice, extremely helpful Union County deputies help me a bunch of times with cows, and they've always been great. Arlington cops always gave me trouble for no reason at all, going out of their way to harass me on multiple occasions for being a kid with a vintage motorcycle, old camaro, etc etc etc. Shame on them! I'm sure everyone will agree with me that law enforcement needs to focus more on helping people and protecting them rather than meeting quotas and writing speeding tickets. Protect and Server, not nitpick and harass!

I understand the frustration, but just to stir the pot, the police are not Tipple A. I could see him helping you push it out of the way if it was a busy intersection and you were putting yourself in danger or others. But to help you change a tire or jump your car or whatever help you feel he should have provided isn't their job really.

Guest tbutera2112
i hit a deer in my car....CPD drove by and as soon as i waved at them to try and flag them down, the guy floors it and takes off, literally goes WOT to get away... then another one is rolling by and does the exact same thing, in a different direction

I understand the frustration, but just to stir the pot, the police are not Tipple A. I could see him helping you push it out of the way if it was a busy intersection and you were putting yourself in danger or others. But to help you change a tire or jump your car or whatever help you feel he should have provided isn't their job really.

We the men and women of the Columbus Division of Police, are dedicated to improving the quality of life in our city by enhancing public safety through cooperative interaction with our community and with other public and private agencies.

We are committed to reducing fear by maintaining order and peace.

We are responsible for protecting life and property, enforcing laws, and taking all appropriate measures to combat crime.

We are organized, staffed, and trained to maximize effective and efficient public service and to maintain a positive work environment.

To protect and serve.

http://www.columbuspolice.org