AutoCross

Xyster101

Went to the porsche autocross this weekend. Never been auto crossing before. Met up with Crossle in his Mr2 and Anson stopped by to watch. It was fun to drive, but a lot of standing around. It was a long course at around 95 seconds. I ran about average out of the cars at 95.5 with some subies getting into the 86 range. A few of the older porsches were doing 96+.

Two views from my car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ369rSY-Ts

Crossle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ2WDGwBPdA

Edited by Xyster101

Hello, I was working the the last slalom before the final hairpin bend into the finish line. I ran after several of the cones you knicked. I beat a handful of you RWD-cars in my econo-box Mazda. :p

---

Edit: To everyone who raced the event, check your emails. I just got one from one of the organizers, and it gave the names/times of the best driver in each class. Fastest Over-all Lap: 81.5 seconds; Slowest Over-all Lap (short of DNF): 176.628. I'm pretty sure we all walked the course faster than that?

Tripleskate,

I saw you there! You were quick in that thing. My neighbor has a speed 3 and takes it to Mid Ohio for track days. He was running around a 1:45 or so there! Fastest in his class for time trials with only camber plates, sway bar, brake pads and tires. So don't sell yourself short, those are great cars! What was your best time? I pulled a 95.5, which for my first time out was great! My longest time was 116 the first run in the rain. That one where I took out 5 cones at the finish (I filmed it) I got a DNF since I missed a gate at the beginning. I felt bad for you as I saw you run over to fix all of them.

I DNF'd my first 3 runs (all rained out), then once it dried, I did a 95, then a 94, finishing up with either a 92 or 93 (can't really remember the exact numbers). I wish I had a Speed3, or camber plates. haha. The rain fucked everyone up that day. A couple cars were getting so loose that we stood far away from the slalom to avoid a painful fate!

Slowest Over-all Lap (short of DNF): 176.628. I'm pretty sure we all walked the course faster than that?

omg...if i ever attempted autocross, that would be me :) i'm a slow driver if i'm not comfortable driving somewhere...and the fact that i have a stock nissan versa (slow!)

i really need to get out and do some autocross just to get some experience since my only time doing anything were my parade laps around mid ohio during sean's Porsche club track day....everyone kept telling me that i needed to be out doing the track day, but i kept telling them i'm slow and would piss everyone off! :D

omg...if i ever attempted autocross, that would be me :) i'm a slow driver if i'm not comfortable driving somewhere...and the fact that i have a stock nissan versa (slow!)

i really need to get out and do some autocross just to get some experience since my only time doing anything were my parade laps around mid ohio during sean's Porsche club track day....everyone kept telling me that i needed to be out doing the track day, but i kept telling them i'm slow and would piss everyone off! :D

OVR Driver's School this Sunday at Ackerman. Registration is open till Thursday 6:00 pm (www.MotorsportReg.com). No walk up entries. At least three CR members are listed as instructors (that I know of). Great way to get a lot of seat time and some good instruction!

OVR Driver's School this Sunday at Ackerman. Registration is open till Thursday 6:00 pm (www.MotorsportReg.com). No walk up entries. At least three CR members are listed as instructors (that I know of). Great way to get a lot of seat time and some good instruction!

it's hard for me to do autocross because i work retail :(

Been there - done that, it can make scheduling "fun" difficult. Just wanted to pass along the opportunity.

I'm sure if a weekend works out, you could get a CR member or members to help you out with some "ride along" instruction at any event - it would just be a little less seat time....

Do what I do: OVR schedules all their events at the beginning of the year. Get the dates and request them all as soon as you can. If hey schedule on a day you request off, just inform them that you had it requested for the past few *months*. Or even work a deal with your boss where you'll work other hours to get that day off.. Most retail places I've worked have been at least reasonable about stuff like that.

I'll be there, I signed up last week. :D