Motard? CRF230M

ReconRat

Call me goofy, but I think this new 2009 Honda CRF230M is way cool for around town.

90mpg, 260lb, 230cc single... I think this one could be ridden all Winter long...

It's a dual sports trail bike with street tires:

http://powersports.honda.com/2009/crf230m.aspx

picture.php?albumid=122&pictureid=1896

deff. would make a nice commuter..a guy on the other forum im on has the enduro version of that.. kinda small in my opinion,but still nice to get around on....im a honda fan to the core, but if ya want a wicked evil motard, the aprilia sxv 550 is the shit for an off the showroom floor screamer....buddy of mine had an 07 for a while(an traded it in, the dumbass lol).. one hell of a fun ride though..only thing i really noticed is, it was a little nervous at high speeds. noth'n a damper couldnt fix..

they are good machines, extremely low maintenance, easy to adjust valves (manual adjust not shim and bucket), and you dont have to worry about fork seals like on the larger crf's. its not very powerfull at all, but still a fun bike. I've got the 05 crf230f. for $1000 more though, you can get the new yamaha WR250X which is double the performance, but with that is a little higher maint sched of course.

It's a play bike with street gear on it. Personally, unless you were in a downtown area, this would be a terrible choice. Honda needs to take better notes and do what Yamaha did in the 250X street motard they have. That's what you want - not the play bike with signals...

Turd.

Speaking from the experience with my Yamaha WR250X....

Great bike to commute and plenty nimble and full of power. Just did some performance mods. Can't wait til this weekend (weather permitting) to test them.